Chapter 23: Failed Mission ?

Once Nomad left, both Rasa and Custus stayed in silence.

Custus was busy concentrating on quickly healing her most serious wounds and then treating Rasa.

While Rasa was just calmly analyzing the whole situation that happened today on this mission.

'First of all, I need to improve my Taijutsu, at least to a level where I can defend myself against a Chunin' thought Rasa after seeing how weak he was against the close attacks of the bandit named Caratsu.

The thought of obtaining some Konoha taijutsu technique appeared in Rasa's mind, but he knew that it would not be easy to get such a technique.

After healing most of her wounds, Custus knelt down and gestured Rasa to place his head on her thighs and take a comfortable position to let her treat his wounds.

She was very grateful to Rasa because she was sure that if it wasn't for his early assistance against the bandit, she would have died in a short time.

Custus gently touched Rasa's head and began to treat his internal injuries first.

Once he finished doing that he gently ran her hands over the different external wounds he had.

Rasa just closed his eyes and smiled slightly as he felt the warm touch of Custus' medical ninjutsu chakra.

He had to admit that it felt pretty good to be treated this way.

A short while later Nomad returned.

" Done, everyone died, looks like our part is finished but... where's the captain?" wondered Nomad.

"Here" suddenly said a voice and the three watched as Captain Canteen appeared carrying two dead men on his shoulders.

"Captain" greeted the three.

"Looks like you were able to deal with everything on this side" nodded Canteen to the three as he threw the two dead ninjas he was carrying from his shoulders to the sandy ground.

"That's right, there were some complications, but everything is done" replied Rasa as he squinted at the two bodies of the dead ninja.

"Yes, all the desert rats died" affirmed Nomad confidently.

"And no thanks to you, in fact, all the credit goes to Gold, if it wasn't for him I don't know what would have happened" commented Custus and before Nomad could start a discussion with her, the captain spoke up again.

"I guess those complications were some unexpected Chunin weren't they?" said Canteen.

"Three Elite Chunin and two junior Chunin" nodded and clarified Rasa.

"I understand, then I guess that must be the reason why you let these two escape isn't it?" suddenly said Canteen pointing to the two dead ninjas he had brought along.

'Well, as I guessed' said Rasa to himself, when he saw that the captain brought two and not one ninja, he knew something was wrong.

"What do you mean captain, we took out everyone in the base," said Custus confused.

"Almost everyone you should say, these two cowards are bandits who left the base when they had the chance," the captain told them as he pointed to the two bodies he brought.

"Impossible, I personally eliminated all the bandits that went to the front of the Base, no one escaped" Nomad assured.

"I don't doubt that you did it, but apparently when you were fighting with those Chunin you forgot that the rest of the bandits could manage to escape and not stay in the base as these two" Canteen told them again.