Chapter 16: Priority

That same day at night, on the outside of the village, Rasa, Nomad, and Custus were watching from a far outdistance the base where the bandits they had to eliminate were located.

Only the dry desert wind and the constant movement of the sand were the only things that could be heard at this time of night.

"Okay, be ready to act..." warned Rasa to his two teammates.

"Right..." nodded Custus.

"Indeed, today those desert rats are going to meet their death..." said Nomad with bloodlust, he really loved to fight.

After saying that, Rasa separated from the two and approached on his own to the surroundings of the base, hiding from the bandits' sight.

Rasa went inside the base and positioned himself in a dark alley, then covered his left eye with two fingers of his hand and with his free hand began to seal:

"Third Eye," said Rasa and after a while, he began to form seven eyes of sand dust that floated in different parts of the base.

That's right, he stole this technique from Gaara and replicated it.

Rasa only had to connect the eyes he created with his optic nerve using chakra, which allows him to see whatever is in the field of vision of these eyes.

For him it was like seeing 7 screens at once, it was difficult but after a lot of practice, he managed to focus his attention on up to seven eyes at once.

These eyes give Rasa a useful method to perform overwatching without being noticed.

Now he had decided to go ahead of his team and do a reconnaissance of the base first with this technique.

Rasa can even manipulate the gold dust from the Third Eye technique to allow the multiple third eyes to also function as a listening device.

He can also use this ability to create multiple Third Eyes with his gold dust without the need to close one of his own, but if he does that it drains too much of his chakra and is not convenient since his reserves are not high.

Rasa observed various corners of the base.

In the base, only a group of people could be seen awake and keeping watch late at night.

Rasa can also see the occasional bandit awake drinking and fornicating, but most of them seemed to be asleep.

He quickly begins to take note on the scroll map of the number and position of all the bandits in the Base.

After finishing and seeing that everything was in order, Rasa decided to return with Custus and Nomad.

Rasa left the base and headed to where his team was waiting for him, upon arrival he approached them and sat down on the ground.

"How's the situation?" asked Nomad impatiently.

"Captain Canteen is right. They are a large number of bandits, and there are four main buildings where there is a constant guard with 4 people in each place" Rasa took out the scroll with the map and pointed out the position of the bandits in the base along with the amount of people.

"Are you sure that's the amount of people there?" asked Custus a bit perplexed when she saw what Rasa noted on the map.

"Yes, there are around a hundred people in the Base, but I'm pretty sure that only half of them are bandits and the rest are family members or women, untrained civilians" explained Rasa with a sigh as it was a very large number of people and many innocent civilians for sure.