Chapter 26: Proud Patriarchs

Murmurs kept ringing through the room until Ebizo stood up again to take the floor:

"I agree with the Kazekage, but that option is extremely risky, Konhoa may not be able to do anything in retaliation for the death of his ninjas since they are going to be in the presence of the 5 great ninja villages," Ebizo began to say.

"But they will not hesitate to seek and find those responsible and take revenge at all costs. Let's not forget that the Senju Princess is part of the Hokage's apprentices, and eliminating her will not bring us any good" explained Ebizo who was known to be the best strategist in the village.

"Very true Ebizo, Princess Senju is not someone we can afford to kill unless we want a war with Konoha and I am sure this council does not want that, so her death and the death of the Hokage's apprentices are off the table" concluded the retired Second Kazekage, to which the Third Kazekage only responded with a grimace and a sigh of disappointment.

The Third Kazekage knew that the Second Kazekage still has a lot of power within the village, so it would be impossible for him to get the majority of the council in his favor, there were only a few who would support him for sure.

Ebizo on the other hand nodded in relief knowing that the Second Kazekage understood his concerns and that he too did not intend to go to war with Konoha.

Sunagakure like most other villages has not yet recovered from the first world war, so another war would be disastrous for everyone in the village.

Especially for Sunagakure which has infertile land and a very poor economy that does not allow them to afford to train many ninjas.

"Very well then, for the time being, Suna will ally with Iwa, giving it support against Kiri and thus strengthening the relations between both villages, it only remains to wait for the Tsuchikage's answer," said the Third Kazekage who despite not agreeing to do nothing against Konoha, ended up accepting that, for now, he has no choice but to listen to the Second Kazekage and Ebizo.

"However, it still remains to decide which Suna ninja will participate in the Chunin exam,"

"This... Kazekage, to decide this shouldn't the Jonin of each Genin team be present?" asked the Ningen Patriarch in confusion.

The Ningen clan is the largest in Suna, they don't have very powerful ninjas in their clan, but they far outnumber the rest of the clans in number of ninjas.

While the Chikamatsu clan was the second largest clan in the village and only has half as many ninjas as the Ningen clan.

But the Chikamatsu clan has a large number of high-ranking ninja that position it as one of the three most important clans in Sunagakure along with the Zensho clan and the Jiki clan also known as the Kazekage clan for being the clan to which Reto, the founder of Sunagakure and the first Kazekage, belonged.

"That won't be necessary this time Patriarch Ningen, given the importance of this Chunin exam, only we will be in charge of evaluating and choosing the ninja we think fit to participate" replied the Third Kazekage.

"I agree, we cannot afford to look ridiculous in front of the other ninja villages, only the best ninja should participate this time, we must select the elite of our village" nodded Patriarch Zensho.

"Yes, many powerful and rich people will be interested in watching these Chunin exams, it is the perfect opportunity to get more commissions and improve the village's economy"

"If we can show good performance during the exams and impress these people, we can likely attract them to our side," added Patriarch Seishin who agreed with this.