Chapter 29: First Exam

The next day the Suna council held a meeting again, but this time, several Jonin from the village were present.

This was considered the official council meeting, as the other one was private and considered secret.

As expected, all the jonin with a genin team in charge were called to say if they considered their team qualified to participate in these Chunin exams.

Only 5 jonin signed up their teams for the exams.

The council approved the participation of all these teams, but between the village leaders and the council members, they already knew that this was just a formality, as the two teams that really mattered to them were the ones that had already been chosen in advance.

The rest of the teams participating were additions of little importance to them.

Suna would have two elite teams participating in the exams, made up only of ninjas at the level of elite Chunin or special Jonin.

Plus five teams with ninjas at the level of an average Chunin and then Rasa's team which was an enigma to everyone.

...

...

Two months passed and now Rasa was in Iwagakure along with Custus and Nomad.

"I don't think I've ever seen so many people in one place in my entire life" commented Nomad as he walked through the streets of Iwa while looking at the sheer amount of people there.

"I agree with Tomeo, not even the capital of the Wind Country compares to it" nodded Custus.

"I think we had already made it clear that I wouldn't be called by my name" Nomad glared angrily at Custus.

"But Tomoe is such a great name, it would be a shame not to use it" scoffed Custus with a cheeky grin.

"Call me just one more time by my name and I promise your cute ass is going to suffer."

"Oh, how scary you scare me... Rasa, Tomoe is so scary..."

" Alright, I've had enough, I warned you," said Nomad angrily as he prepared to attack Custus.

"Enough you two, Nomad you know we can't act as we please here, so control yourself, ok?"

"Yes... I know, I know, but that woman is irritating" complained Nomad but he had calmed down by now.

"Rumia!" said Rasa.

"Yes Rasa?" replied Custus playing innocent as she looked at him as if she hadn't done anything.

"Just do me a favor and leave the jokes until we get back Suna" sighed Rasa tiredly.

By now everyone in the team knew the identity of the members, even Captain Canteen had revealed his identity as Kenji, who like Nomad and Custus was a civilian ninja.

Only Rasa was part of a clan on his team, which caught his attention for a while, but he supposed it must have something to do with the Kazekage.

It probably had to do with the Kazekage, it was likely he arranged it that way for a reason.

To keep him away from the other clans or who knows... it could be many things.

After a while, the three arrived at a rather large building where they would take their first exam.

Rasa noticed all sorts of ninjas, there were many ninjas from the 5 great nations, as well as there were a variety of ninjas from other villages such as Grass, Smoke, Waterfall, Rain, Hot Springs, among others.