Chapter 12: Anbu corps

After finishing the individual training, Rasa had to return on his own to the meeting point.

When he arrived he found that all the other members of the team, except for Custus, were already at the meeting point.

Only a few minutes passed and Custus arrived at the meeting point.

And at that very moment, Skull began to speak:

"Okay, now team lessons begin, first of all, all of you rookies should know that Anbu is directly under the Shadow, and all orders are issued by the Shadow" started saying Skull seriously.

Everyone nodded knowing that the Kazekage was always the ultimate authority, never to be disobeyed no matter the situation.

"There are multiple teams of four or five people under the Anbu corps, you should become one of them and finally, always remember that team captains uniformly relay orders and lead the execution of tasks" Skull continued his speech.

'So the Shadow who is the Kazekage issues the orders and the team captain is in charge of transmitting the Shadow's order as well as executing the task, but what if the captain asks the team to do something that is not in the Shadow's orders?' wondered Rasa.

"All Anbu members are excellent ninjas selected from the village. Our main responsibility is to protect the shadows and prevent foreign enemies from invading the ninja village" continued Skull explaining without stopping for Rasa's thoughts.

"But we are also responsible for tasks such as enemy reconnaissance and assassination among other things. The nature of the tasks is usually extremely secret. And they can also be common and boring missions, such as protecting or guarding important suspects, and so on. Now, can any of you tell me why in Anbu we cover our faces?" asked Skull, and apparently Canteen who surely already knew the answer because he was already a special Anbu, didn't raise his hand on Skull's orders, or so Rasa thought.

Custus stepped forward and addressed Skull.

"That is due to the specificity of the tasks that Anbu have and the need to keep Anbu's identity secret. This is why Suna Anbu members wear gauze and turbans that cover their heads at all times and only in the Sunagakure Assassination Squad do they wear masks that mimic devilish shapes when performing, and the nature of the mission and any other information is always kept confidential" Custus explained and then stepped back and rejoined the group.

"Correct, the nature of Anbu's tasks is different from the missions that the other Suna shinobi do, Anbu will come into contact with the core secrets of the village, therefore, loyalty is also one of the necessary conditions for Anbu" nodded Skull and continued explaining.

"For this reason, joining Anbu is not a simple matter, members joining Anbu basically need to be recommended or evaluated to join Anbu and lastly the Shadow must agree to join, all of you meet those conditions for now, however, it remains to be seen if you can go through this training to start executing missions."

"Alright rookies, let's start with the team training" finished Skull.

Rasa spent the next few days training individually with an Anbu and then as a team with Skull, a total of 14 hours a day, he had almost no time to do anything else.

The team training was at first simple, but after a few days, things started to change.

Rasa's team was asked to fulfill a specific mission where some Anbu were in charge of evaluating them.

In these missions, the biggest problem was that each one of the team had to decide whether or not to follow the orders of their captain Canteen.

You may wonder why if you know that you always have to follow the captain's orders.

Well, that was because in some cases it seemed that Captain Canteen's orders conflicted with the orders that each of the team had in their personal scrolls.

That's right, the scrolls that each one of them got on the first day where were told what they had to do to complete their training successfully.

For this reason, the evaluation missions that they did in team training used to be even more difficult since none could reveal the contents of the personal scroll, so it was only left to Canteen to interpret what could be the restrictions that each one had and the rest of the team could only try to execute in some way Canteen's orders without disobeying the ones they already had in their own scrolls.

So they spent 3 weeks training and always with various problems when training as a team.

But finally, it seemed that Canteen had managed to issue orders that did not contradict the personal scrolls of each of the team members, or at least they managed to finally manage to execute the orders without disobeying the scrolls.

Obviously, what Rasa's team was doing was to find the gaps in the scroll in order to be able to act and complete the team training.

Today the training was finally finished.

"Rookies, it took time, but you all did what was asked of you and from now on you are officially an Anbu team. Canteen as your captain will be in charge of conveying to you the missions you will perform. Oh, another thing, from now on it is your decision whether or not to keep your identity secret from your team members, each of you is free to decide that. Very well, you are dismissed" with that Skull disappeared leaving Rasa's group behind.

"Looks like we finally made it Gold, I thought we'd be training for the rest of our lives," Custus said jokingly to Rasa, the two of them had started to get along quite well on one of the many missions they did in training.

"So it seems, turns out Nomad finally managed to follow the captain's orders" Rasa teased her other partner who had been the biggest problem in the team missions.

"It's not my fault that the captain always asked me to do things I couldn't do without breaking the orders on the scroll" replied Nomad offended and embarrassed, but he knew it was true what he was saying, if it wasn't for him, in two weeks they could have finished the team training.

"Nomad is right, it was my duty to understand everyone's situation and issue orders that they could carry out, and if we delayed it was because of my inappropriate leadership" Canteen supported Nomad.

"Come on captain, we all know you managed to lead the team perfectly, if it wasn't for Nomad's stone brain that didn't know how to find the gaps in his own scroll, it probably wouldn't have been so difficult for you to give orders that we can all execute" affirmed Custus.

"As your captain, it is my duty to adapt to such things" Canteen replied again.

"Well, I guess there always has to be a black sheep on the team," said Rasa causing Custus to chuckle slightly.

"Very funny, but if I remember correctly in strength I'm the best on the team, only below the captain, so I don't know what all the laughing is about," said Nomad proudly.

"Say what you want, strength without intelligence is useless," said Custus defensively, who was the one who felt most annoyed by Nomad's statement since she was the weakest in terms of strength in the team.

Rasa on the other hand just smiled amused, if he could have used his gold dust he would have been at the same level of strength as Nomad and if he also used his control over the metal he would be at the same level as a special Jonin.