Chapter 19: Bandits

Moments after taking out a good group of bandits, Custus and Rasa met again.

"How did everything go on your side?" asked Rasa first.

"All fine, only a few civilians survived with major injuries, I already took care of them as well as the bandits in the surroundings and you?" replied Custus.

"All dead, I only had to take care of a few bandits, but all Genin, none gave any trouble."

"Mmmm I see, I didn't run into any ninja above junior Chunin either" nodded Custus.

"Looks like no elite Chunin ninja have shown up for now then, let's go to Nomad quick, lest he ends up getting killed."

"Yeah, that idiot may be the strongest of us but if he faces two elite Chunin it won't be so easy for him to win and if there are three he wouldn't stand a chance" agreed Custus.

So it was that they both ran to the location where Nomad was.

As they ran in Nomad's direction, the two encountered several bandits who constantly tried to attack them, but their speed was too fast for mere Genin, so the two of them simply dodged all the attacks and with a few quick moves eliminated the bandits that crossed their path.

Custus used his Giant Fan with which he created sharp blizzards of wind to slash her enemies and Rasa used his earth element to create and embed earthen spikes into his enemies.

He could be using his Gold Dust which was more practical since it required almost no sealing, but Custus hadn't seen him using his Kekkei Genkai yet so if it wasn't necessary, he preferred to keep his identity hidden for a while.

When the two arrived where Nomad was they were surprised to see a large group of dead ninjas in the sand nearby.

'Looks like Nomad didn't even hold back with the Genin' the both of them thought as they saw the terrible deaths of the bandits that were covered in sand and blood.

As the two approached Nomad's position, they saw that he was already sitting on the ground with a bored look on his face.

He had blood all over his body, he looked like quite a maniac at the moment.

"Are you hurt, Nomad?" asked Rasa, frowning as he noticed that he seemed to have received a wound or two.

Nomad looked at him bored and then said lazily:

"I'm fine. Just some minor injuries, nothing significant. They were all desert rats in the end. Or by the way, did you two run into any Chunin?"

"Perfect, let Custus heal them anyway, and no, just Genin, you?" Rasa nodded and then asked him.

While Custus despite not wanting to help Nomad, obediently went to his side and treated his wounds, after all, she was the medic of the group.

"Well, only three junior Chunin, they were weak so I couldn't have much fun with them until they died," said Nomad pointing to the place where the bodies of the three lower Chunin ninja were.

The bodies were a mess, if anyone who knew them looked at them they wouldn't be able to recognize them from how battered their bodies were.

Rasa almost felt like throwing up, but he restrained himself and just shook his head.

"Well, since all the civilians and most of the bandits were already eliminated, now we just have to finish our mission and wait for Captain Canteen," Rasa said.

"Funny, now we have to look for the remaining desert rats to be eliminated," said Nomad sarcastically, he didn't want to waste time looking for weak Genin.

"Well that's our mission, what you find funny or not doesn't matter," said Custus with obvious irritation in her tone, apparently she didn't like Nomad's treatment of the bandit corpses.

Suddenly, before Nomad could even respond, three kunai were thrown at each of the three in Rasa's group.

The three quickly dodged the Kunai and then took a far-out distance to see the enemy attacking them.

"Damn ninjas, I'm going to kill and rip you all apart, you killed my wife and my little brother!" shouted one of the Bandits.

"Calm down Domaru!, if you want to avenge them we have to face them with a cold mind!" shouted another one of the Bandits.

"Shinto is right, as long as we are calm we can finish them" was heard saying to the third and last of the bandits that were in front of Rasa's group.

After a while, the three Bandits seemed to agree and stared at Rasa's group.

While Rasa and his group could only look at the three bandits and think one thing:

'Those three are Chunin or Elite Chunin'

After a while, under the moonlight, the 6 people simply faced each other.

...

...

Domaru, Shinto, and Caratsu had been called today by their leader for a meeting.

The meetings were usually held late at night to avoid the Leader's location being discovered.

The leader unlike the other bandits staying at the Base was usually hidden in a cave at a decent distance from the Base, though not as far out as the distance it was from the Base to the village.

So the three of them had to go late at night to the cave where their leader was staying.

They talked about a group of rather wealthy merchants who were in a neighboring village, and who were apparently planning to go to Sunagakure.

The leader did not want to miss the opportunity to ambush them and steal their money so he called the three of them to gather a good group of bandits and leave in a few days.

When they finished talking it was already late at night, the three left the cave quietly and went back to the base exhausted, they just wanted to get there and rest.

But only a few minutes later, while they were walking calmly to the Base, there was a sudden explosion coming from where the Base was located, and after a while, they began to hear the alarm that indicated that they were attacking the Base.

Without wasting time, the three of them rushed to the Base to see what was going on.

When they arrived, they entered through the back, which was completely destroyed.

As were most of the buildings that had been destroyed by the strong explosion, not only was everything destroyed but there were countless dead everywhere.

The three ran desperately in search of survivors, but all they found was dead and more dead.

When they ran towards the front entrance where they heard some ninjutsu blows, the three saw a group of three ninjas with turbans and gauze covering their faces, the three knew that these ninjas were from Sunagakure because of the forehead protector they were wearing.

The hearts of the three had only deep anger and thirst for revenge at this moment.

They couldn't wait for them to kill the three Suna ninjas in front of them.

But they couldn't do that in a hurry as they had to be smart.

It was a pity that Domaru didn't think the same and the idiot threw in his fit of rage three kunai against the ninjas.

Without being able to analyze the situation in front of them, they could only calm Domaru first and then face the three Suna ninjas.

.....