Chapter 24: Suna council

The next day, Captain Canteen gave the three of them their reward for an A-rank mission.

The total reward was 700,000 Ryo, and the three of them received 150,000 each, while the rest of the money went to the team captain.

Nomad nodded in satisfaction with the amount of money.

Custus was also happy to receive her payment, they had been several weeks without being able to do a mission that would generate money for them so she could use the money.

Rasa wasn't interested in the money for now, if he wanted money he could get plenty of money in a matter of minutes, and he would, but the first thing was to improve his strength.

"This... captain, is more than I expected," Custus said confused by the amount she was given, not that she was complaining, but she knew it wasn't that much money.

While Nomad looked at her like she was the devil, if there had been a mistake with the amount of Ryo they were given, it was the superiors problem, not his.

"No Custus, Since there has been a Jonin on this mission along with three elite Chunin and some junior chunin, the Kazekage decided to raise the reward from 550,000 to 700,000" explained Canteen calmly.

Making Nomad smile happy to know that.

Custus was also calmer to know the reason, but she couldn't help but look at Rasa.

Now she knew that he was the Kazekage's apprentice, so for a few moments, it crossed her mind that it could come to be due to that that they raised the reward, but she willed those bad thoughts from her head.

'The Kazekage wouldn't do something like that' Custus nodded to herself.

Rasa noticed the look Custus gave her and he guessed what she suspected, and indeed he thought the same as her, but he had no proof of that.

Custus didn't mention to Nomad or Canteen Gold's true identity as Rasa, and Rasa didn't feel the need to do so either, when the time came they would find out.

Of course, Rasa supposed the captain must have already known since Nomad kept talking on the trip to Sunagakure about how envious he was of Rasa's ability to manipulate gold.

Canteen hadn't said anything, but it didn't take him saying anything to know that he had come to the logical conclusion that the ability Nomad talked so much about was none other than the release of dust gold that only the Kazekage's apprentice had.

"Captain Do you know if anything is going to happen with that village?" asked Nomad.

Canteen did not answer this question directly:

"In fact, it seems that the village chief was working with the bandits."

"Now I understand. The village and the bandits were getting rich together, that's why they were so prosperous" nodded Nomad in understanding.

"Right, several merchants are passing through that village and others nearby to get to Sunagakure, they must have taken advantage of that to make a lot of profit" analyzed Custus.

"So the village chief gathers information and tells these bandits about the merchants or traders along with the strength of the guards they have" Rasa finished the analysis.

"That's right, the reason the bandits had not been completely discovered was because they convinced the village chief to trade with them. While the bandits were making money for the village and themselves, the village chief was in charge of keeping their location and information secret" said Canteen.