Chapter 4: Permanent Retirement

The gang are taking a stop on an ice cream shop. Max is at the ATM machine while the kids are inside the shop.

"What do you have that's non-fat with less than 3% sugar?" Gwen asked the shop's employee.

"Napkin." The employe replied with a harsh tone. "What about you boys?"

Before Ben and Y/n could give their order, the watch wielders heard a commotion outside. They looked at the direction to see a big man carrying a chained hook.

"I'm about to go rocky road." Ben rushed outside and activated his watch.

"I'll take vanilla choco-chips." Yn followed his friend from behind.

Outside, the man impaled the hook into the ATM machine and gestured his partner in his pickup truck to drive. The partner hit the gas but the vehicle won't move. And to his shock, the steering wheel and the dashboard morphed into a black with green light, revealing Ben as Upgrade.

 And to his shock, the steering wheel and the dashboard morphed into a black with green light, revealing Ben as Upgrade

"Your cash request has been denied." Upgrade tossed the man out before he morphed out from the vehicle.

The big man from before picked his hook back and started to spin it. He threw the hook, only for a prehistoric crimson saber to catch it in midair.

The saber who is Y/n as Saberfang spitted the hook off him fangs and growled at the man

The saber who is Y/n as Saberfang spitted the hook off him fangs and growled at the man. Frightened, the man backed away before another Saberfang appeared behind him, entrapping him. Then, Max appeared and sent a right hook to knock him down. Both Saberfang reunited and merged into one.

"Way to go, boys." Max complimented.

"Oh yeah! I'm ready for anything! Bring it on!" Upgrade cheered. "What's next?"

"We're heading off to see your aunt Vera for the weekend."

Upgrade groaned in displease. "Boring old aunt Vera? No!"

Everyone is now back on the road, heading toward aunt Vera. In the Rv, Ben is sitting on the table with Y/n who is busy with his journal while Gwen is doing the dishes.

"When aunt Vera said she wanted to move from it all, she really meant it." Gwen stated.

"Living in retirement community in the middle of desert? You're joking." Y/n commented.