Chapter 22: Dr. Animo and the Mutant Ray

Max and the kids are now in a festival called the Gator-fest in the middle of a swamp. Y/n stretched out his arm while groaning after having a nice long and peaceful sleep last night.

"It's good thing I slept early." Y/n said. "This place is amazing, Max."

"You haven't seen anything, yet, son." Max smiled.

They passed by stalls and crowds until they encountered some people watching gator's eggs in a nest.

"You kids are gonna enjoy this. It's a rare event." Max said.

"You mean, like Ben changing his underwear?" Gwen joked, earning a chuckle from Y/n and a glare from her cousin.

The eggs beginning to hatch and the gators came out from their shell. The spectators watched in awe as the baby gators crawled into the swam.

"Aw, they are kinda cute." Gwen said.

"And delicious." Y/n licked his lips.

Suddenly, the Nemetrix wielder's hair shivered before the previous baby gators returned to land in fear.

"What are they running from? They're alligators." Ben said.

"Something bigger than them. And it goes ribbit!" Y/n pointed at a familiar mutant frog.

The frog jumped out from the swamp and landed in front of the crowds. The people naturally ran away in panic, except for Max and the kids.

"It's Animo's frog." Y/n recalled. "The man himself should be around here."

The frog latched out its tongue, and the group dispersed to evade the attack. Y/n immediately transformed into Buglizard and began to brawl with the mutant frog.

Both beast has an opposite advantage and disadvantage. Buglizard has superior speed and agility but lack power while the mutant frog has the opposite.

While in the middle of the fight, another figure appeared and assisted Buglizard. The lizard looked at his allies and confused to see an alien fusion of Fourarms and Stinkfly.

 The lizard looked at his allies and confused to see an alien fusion of Fourarms and Stinkfly

Ignoring the abomination transformation, Buglizard helped Stinkarms to gang up on the frog. They managed to defeat their opponent eventually, but the mutant frog escaped along with its master.

Soon after that, Buglizard transformed back to Y/n with Stinkarms turned back to Ben. The Nemetrix wielder immediately grabbed Ben by the back of his collar and glared at his frightened eyes.

"You have a lot explaining to do, Benjamin Kirby Tennyson." Y/n hissed, and the Omnitrix wielder gulped in fear.

.
.
.

After Ben explained the situation to Y/n, the team are now on a swamp boat in search for Animo. Due to the heavy atmosphere, the Nemetrix wielder is unable to track Animo's scent.