Chapter 37: The Negative Ten

The Rv is found parking next to a summer camp. Max is outside to pick up a grandkid of his friend while the kids remains in the vehicle.

Y/n and Ciel are playing battleship board game at the back with Groot as their spectator while eating M&Ms. Ben and Gwen are fighting over a phone at the front.

"I'm gonna say... B5." Y/n guessed.

"Nice shot, you got my Cruiser." Ciel took her ship piece and marked the area.

The Rv's door is opened and Max entered with a kid. Y/n and Ciel stopped their game and quickly hid Groot.

"Hi guys. This is Cooper, a grandson of an old Plumber buddy of mine." Max introduced the boy next to him. "And I-

"Doofus! Gimme it, you're wasting time!"

"I heard it first! I get to call!"

While the two cousins are wrestling over the phone, Y/n approached Cooper and rested his hand on his shoulder to get his attention.

"Don't mind them." He said. "Y/n, nice to meet you."

"Cooper." He greeted before noticing Y/n's music player. "Cool music player."

"Thanks. You're into classic?"

"Jackson 5."

"I want you back?"

"Definetely."

"Nice." Y/n smiled in amuse manner.

"Hey there." Ciel appeared behind Y/n. "I'm Ciel."

"Cooper." He smiled at her. "I like your hair."

"Thank you. Yours, too."

While the two are interacting, Y/n scooted closer to Max and took some Cooper's bag from him.

"Does he know about us?" Y/n whispered to Max, implying their deeds during summer.

"I told him everything." Max informed him, much to the boy's surprise. "Don't worry, he can keep a secret."

Y/n sighed in relief and picked out Groot from his pocket. Then, he tapped on Cooper's shoulder to get his attention again. Fortunately, Ciel overheard the conversation between Max and Y/n so she has no reason to panic.

"Cooper, meet Groot. Our adorable yet deadly walking plant." Y/n lifted Groot to Cooper's face.

"I am Groot."

"Cool." Cooper smiled at the plant.

"You owe me one ticket to the Premier of Space Pirate 4!" Ben snarled at Gwen, catching Cooper's attention.

"Yeah, right!" Gwen dismissed it. "If I had a ticket, I certainly wouldn't give it to a mega loser like you!"

"I have an extra ticket to the Premier." Cooper interrupted, catching the cousins' interest. "My uncle work on a movie. He got me two VIP tickets. One of you can go with me if you want."

Silence filled between the cousins. As if foreseeing the outcomes, Y/n and Ciel backed away while counting down.

"3.." Y/n started.

"2.." Ciel continued.

"I am Groot..."

The two began to compete for Cooper's attention in order to get that extra ticket.

.
.
.

The trip continued as the competition between Ben and Gwen to get that extra ticket raged on. Cooper and the two are having a conversations at the dining table as the former mentioning his talent with computers.