Chapter 19: Tough Luck

Max and the kids are now in Las Vegas to visit a Magic Convention from the elderlies that Fourarms saved last night.

As they entered the building, the floor are filled with many magicians with their own respective stalls, demonstrating their tricks.

"Magician of the year expo?" Gwen read the banner on the ceiling. "It's all cheap junk and gross out tricks!"

"What do you expect? Actual magic?" Y/n inquired. "The last person who can do that is behind bars."

"Now as long as we are here, we might as well look around." Max suggested.

Agreeing to Max, the kids split up to find anything that entertain them. Ben and Y/n are at stalls where unused magic equipment is disposed of. In there, they found a lot of disposed properties and played around with them.

"Hey, wanna take this fake barf?" Y/n grinned.

"Should we add the fake dog poo as a bonus?" Ben added.

"Nah, that's a bit too far for me."

Suddenly, a scream of civilians caught their attention. With Max and Gwen, they headed outside to find a lose control helicopter with a man dangling below it.

"I don't think that's part of the act." Max said the obvious.

"Oh well, so much for one regular summer day." Y/n remarked.

Y/n and Ben ran away from the crowd and transformed into Voidwalker the Null guardian and Stinkfly respectively.

(Link artist: https://www.deviantart.com/onyx1327/art/Nemetrix-Null-Guardian-929263440)

They flew the flying vehicle and found that the rope the man is using for dangling is on fire. Voidwalker grabbed hold on the helicopter with his tendrils while Stinkfly snatched the man from the vehicle.

Although, the rotor on the helicopter's tail came off and flying toward the crowds, specifically toward Max. Gwen rushed to her grandfather and tackled him away before the spinning rotor hit the vehicle behind them.

"Gwen, how'd you do that?" Max asked in confusion.

The girl looked to her new brace with a red gemstone on it that she bought from the magic convention.