Chapter 36: The Secret of the Watches

"I hear normal kids normally spend their normal summer vacation at the beach, or the mall. Oh, that's right, we were supposed to go to the mall today-"

"Gwen." Ciel interjected. "You know I love you, but our fate has been sealed when we messed with a lot of supervillain and there's nothing we can do about it."

Max and the girls are found chained upside down in an underground nuclear facility. Down below them is their capturer, Animo who is tinkering with his machine.

"This nuclear reactor is the perfect way to detonate my DNA bomb into the atmosphere and de-evolutionize the world!" He narrated.

A blast from the other side of the room startled him. He turned around and found Heatblast by the door.

"Okay Animo, science class is canceled." Heatblast declared.

"Fool! In less than a minute, the world will get a lesson it will never forget!" Animo growled. "In the meantime, meet my latest-"

A nearby crash interrupted Animo's introduction. Everyone looked to the source to find Buglizard eating a head of an enormous mutant insect that was created by Animo.

"Y/n, what did I tell you about eating junk food?!" Ciel scolded.

Buglizard nonchalantly blew a raspberry at the girl and continued to eat his meal to annoy her. Groot made his appearance, climbing up to Animo's level and let out a scream while chasing the fleeing mad scientist.

The walking plant dropped Animo by capturing his legs with his roots. With a war shriek of anger, Groot threw Animo down to the ground. After finishing his meal, Buglizard confronted Animo with Groot jumped down to the lizard's nape.

Heatblast shot a jetfire at the chain that holding Max and the girls. The chain melt and released them. While falling, Max shot his grapple gun to swing himself and the girls to safety.

"Even you can't generate enough heat to melt that casing!" Animo claimed.

"If I can't shut it down, I'll just have to turn it up!" Heatblast shot his flames at the reactor core.

Air pressure on the core began to rise up exponentially and the bomb emitted electricity, overloading the system. And eventually, the bomb is defused but the problem is not over just yet. Buglizard's tensed up and quickly ran away from the bomb while carrying Animo between his jaws.

"That's not a good sign!" Gwen commented.

The bomb let out an alarm and energy pulse is shot out from the DNA bomb. Buglizard, Groot, Max, and the girls were able to take over, but Heatblast is not so lucky. It hit him directly and forced him back to his original form. The team regrouped with the boy as Buglizard reverted back to Y/n, leaving Animo tied up by Groot's roots.

"Ben, are you okay?" Max asked in concern.

"Yeah, good thing I was Heatblast cause that DNA wave would've scrambled me." Ben replied.

The Omnitrix suddenly let out an unfamiliar beeping before emitting orange glow, catching everyone's attention. Then, it turned green.

"What was that?" Gwen inquired.

"Whatever it was, that DNA wave must've did something to it." Y/n replied. "And I don't like it because it keeps my sixth sense ringing in my head."

Afterwards, the team left the scene and law enforcement arrested Animo. They made their way to a mall as Gwen requested.

.
.
.

At the mall, Gwen are Ciel are shopping in clothes shop while Max venturing around the area close by. Ben is shadowboxing with a mannequin as Y/n is in his own world playing his gameboy while leaning against a wall.