Chapter 3: The Krakken

The gang arrived at a harbor in a lake where Max planned a fishing trip for the kids. As they walking along a boardwalk, Ben is trying to convince everyone what he saw last night.

"No, really! It was humongous! With red glowing eyes!" Ben explained.

"I'm sure it was some kind of big fish. That's all." Max reassured his grandson.

"Yeah. So keep the 'Mega fish' story a rest, will ya, Captain Dweeb?" Gwen said in annoyance.

"Y/n, you believe me, right?" Ben asked his friend.

"Your words sound legit, Ben. But you're gonna need evidence to convince me." Y/n clarified.

"You're kidding." Gwen gazed Y/n with disappointment.

"Gwen, we found alien watches, encountered robot alien, and a mad scientist that can mutated and reanimated animals." Y/n listed their encounters. "What makes you think monsters aren't real? Or magics?"

Gwen groaned in annoyance. "No wonder you and Ben are friends."

They made it to the edge of the harbor where there is a small fishing boat docking with its sailor. Ben approached a bucket nearby to see it filled with worms. He let out a smirked, picked a handful of the worms and showed it to Gwen, making her yelp.

"Breakfast?" Ben joked.

"Ugh, Ben, gross." Gwen commented in disgust. "What's with the bucket of slimies?"

"Baits." Max answered.

"Yeah, well, I think I'm gonna pass on the fishing thing. I'll stay here and catch some sun, instead."

"I'll stay with Gwen. In case if this, 'Lake Monster' shows up." Y/n suggested.

"Okay, but you two don't know what you're missin." Max said.

"I'm pretty sure I do." Gwen walked off.

After waving goodbyes to Ben and Max, Y/n walked away. And before he's catching up with Gwen, he returned to the Rv and grab a binoculars.

The boy strolled around the dock as the stench of fish and worms trailed around his nostrils. And by the lake, he noticed a modern looking boat is sailing out into the lake. He used his binocular and found the boat's logo on its side.

"F-O-F... never heard that before. Stand for what, though?" Y/n muttered and then continued his stroll.

And after awhile, he found Gwen relaxing by the dock.

Gwen sighed. "Finally a little sun. And with my big mouth cousin no where in sight, I can lay back and relax."

"Speak for yourselves." Y/n commented before putting on the binocular again. "Speaking of your big mouth cousin of yours, he and Mr. Tennyson have returned."

Gwen groaned upon hearing the news. "And here I was enjoying myself."

Suddenly, the boat that Ben and Max are using is honking out loud, as if it giving a warning. Y/n narrowed his eyes in suspicion, so he gazed around the lake with his binocular and see a dorsal that is too big for a shark coming straight for him.

Y/n discarded his binocular and dived into the lake, surprising Gwen. She looked down where Y/n was dived into before a red light flashed and a huge silhouette appeared, indicating that Y/n has transformed.

Y/n swam toward the incoming dorsal. And as he reached his target, the dorsal vanished into the lake for a moment before two gigantic water beast emerged from the water.

 And as he reached his target, the dorsal vanished into the lake for a moment before two gigantic water beast emerged from the water