Chapter 12: Truth

While driving down the road, Max is finishing up a story to the kids about the last time he and his old partner, Phil saw Vilgax.

"And then, Kablamo. No more Vilgax. Or so I thought, until today." Max explained.

"So you were like Earth Secret Service?" Y/n asked as he noting down his journal.

Max nodded. "We called ourselves the Plumbers. Officially, we didn't exist. We were the guys who fixed the problems no one else could. Extraterrestrial, extrasensory, extraordinary."

"So, all this time me and Y/n have been going hero, we've really been following in your footsteps." Ben assumed. "We're Plumbers in training!"

"And you knew about the watches the whole time?" Gwen asked.

"Not really, just rumors and scuttlebut." Max clarified. "I was surprised as you guys when it turned up on the boys' wrists."

"You always told us we could tell you anything, grandpa." Gwen recalled. "Guess you didn't feel the same."

"Come on, Gwen. Put yourself in Mr. Tennyson's shoes." Y/n suggested. "He can't possibly tell his family about this, right? It's a huge responsibility."

Gwen looked at Y/n for awhile before she groaned. "I hate it when you're right."

Hearing a distant siren, Max pulled over as several ambulances, cop cars and firetruck passed by.

"Alright! Could be a chance for the Plumbers to go back to work!" Ben cheered.

"Uh, Ben, we're not Plumbers. Beside, I doubt they still active nowadays." Y/n clarified.

"Please, you're just jealous cuz you're not continuing family business." Ben sticked out his tongue in mockery manner.

"There is no family business." Max clarified. "My hero days were over a long time ago."

Ben jumped out from the Rv. "Well, mine are just getting started."

"Ben, don't-"

"Time to Xlr8!" Ben ignored Y/n and activated his watch.

He dialed Xlr8 and pressed down the faceplate, only to turn into a different alien. He looked to Rv's mirror to see himself as Ripjaws.

"Ugh, Ripjaws. What a rip-off." Ripjaws complained.

An approaching siren alerted Ripjaws. He quickly jumped on it as it passed. Y/n came out after and watched his friend gone.

"Gimme a break, will ya?" Y/n complained.

He went back inside the Rv, and Max drove away to catch up with Ben. Upon arrival at the scene that seems to be a hotel, Max and Gwen confronted the owner of the place while Y/n hid at the back of the vehicle.

He activated the Nemetrix and transformed into Buglizard. The creature quickly jumped high onto the hotel's balcony and went inside through the window. He crawled on the ceiling and spotted Ripjaws chasing a small crimson alien in an already trashed lobby.

 He crawled on the ceiling and spotted Ripjaws chasing a small crimson alien in an already trashed lobby