Chapter 30: The Return

The team are relaxing in the Rv. Max is watching the Tv while the kids are on the dining table. Ben is playing his video game, Gwen is reading her spell book, Y/n is revising his journal while sharing music using an earphones instead of his old headphones with Ciel who is looking into photo memories in the camera, and Groot is eating M&Ms.

She scrolled the photos, recalling the adventures she had experienced with the team with a smile of joy on her face.

In Salem, Massachusetts, they encountered Charmcaster and Ciel defeated her in her first try. When the air conditioner in the Rv busted in the middle of a desert, they encountered elves in a magical Christmas theme park. In the middle of a heavy rain, Y/n and Ciel had to save Ben and Gwen from being trap inside a video game. In the Planetary Studios, they met a show creator who claimed that the boys' aliens are his creation. And finally, they visited a music festival in Chicago where they got the autograph, pictures and watched the performance of AC/DC.

"Kids, listen to this." Max called.

The kids stopped their doings and turned their attention to the Tv where a weather man is reporting from a space station.

"Today's launch of the Noven spacecraft has been delayed by a freak electrical storm. I've covered bad weather from the four corners of the globe, and I've never seen anything like this purple lightning." The weather man reported.

As soon as the weather man mentioned the purple lightning, the team perked up.

"But we have." Ben pointed out.

"In the desert with that werewolf." Max recalled.

"And on the farm with that mummy." Gwen added.

"This is Steve Cummings, reporting live from the Kennedy space center." The weather man ended his report.

"Next stop, Cape Canaveral." Max started up the engine and drove away.

"You think we're gonna meet a Frankenstein's monster this time?" Ciel teased Y/n.

"Who knows?" Y/n shrugged.

"Frankenstein?" Ben repeated.

"What are you guys talking about?" Gwen asked the two.

"Y/n has a very interesting theory about the connections between the werewolf, the mummy and the purple lightning." Ciel said to the cousins. "Come on, tell them."

The cousins gave Y/n a gaze of curiosity. The Nemetrix wielder also noticed that Max is intrigued with his theory. He let out a sigh to calm himself down.

"After cross referencing all myths and legends with all of our encounters in this summer, I believe an alien in a form of Frankenstein's monster will be our next opponent. My reason is the three of them are known as spiritual creatures in many bed stories..." Y/n elaborated and paused, letting the Tennysons sinked the information. "Including ghost."

The Tennysons' spines shivered the moment Y/n mentioned ghost, recalling their horrible encounter with a certain Ectonurite.

"Wait, so Ghostfreak has something to do with this?!" Ben panicked.

"It... still a theory, Ben." Y/n tried to reassure him.

"I hate to break it to you, Y/n." Max interjected. "With my experience as a Plumber and our encounters in this summer, I have a feeling all of your theories are coming true."