Chapter 26: Midnight Madness

Max and the kids walked out from a mall called Mega-Mall-Opolis toward the Rv while carrying groceries.

"500 stores, 72 restaurants, 48 movie screens, an indoor rollercoaster!" Gwen read the mall pamphlet with a huge grin.

"We could just spend the whole summer here." Ben suggested. "This mall has everything!"

Suddenly, an alarm went off and two silhouette figures are seen fleeing away from the mall security.

"Including their own police force." Max stunned.

"Looks like the rent-a-cops could use some help." Ben dialed his watch.

"Let's do this." Y/n dialed the Nemetrix.

"Hold on, Y/n." Ben interrupted. "I got this."

Ben transformed into Wildmutt and gave the robbers a chase. The rest entered the Rv and prepared an escape for him.

They traced Wildmutt to a parking lot and searched for him. They soon spotted him running to side and quickly picked him up. Unfortunately, the police gave them a chase, mistaken for being an accomplice with the robbers.

They escaped the parking lot but one of police cut off Max's path, forcing him to crash a nearby street lights. The security then entered the Rv but found no sign of Wildmutt.

The next day, they returned to the mall since the Rv is damaged and under repair with the mall paying all of them.

Y/n and Ciel are in the arcade, playing with the claw machine with Groot dangling on her hair. The two watched Y/n struggling to catch one plushie since the game is known so difficult to play.

He picked a small blue teddy bear wearing a turquoise bow tie and steadily dragged it to the slot with the controller. Seeing the plushie is slipping from the claw grip, he stopped the claw and slammed the release button in the same time to toss the bear into the hole.

The three became tense when the doll landed on the edge of the pit. However, as if luck is on their side, the doll fell into the hole

They all cheered in triumphant before giving each other a double high five. Y/n took out the doll from the slot and offered it to Ciel.

"Here." He said.

"But, it's yours. You won it." Ciel replied.

"Yeah, since it's mine, I can do whatever I want with it, and I'm going to give it to you." He added.

"A-are you sure?"

"Consider it as my late birthday gift for you."

Ciel hesitantly accepted the gift before gazing it and Y/n back and forth with uncertainty.

"But, we don't even know when my birthday is." She pointed out.

"True. We should've ask those military guys who summoned you." Y/n scratched his cheek before an idea appeared in his head. "Then, what about the night I saved you? Although, it's the same night as my birthday but, you decide."

Ciel looked back to the bear while contemplating her decisions. Smiling, she recalled every moment she experienced with the team, especially with Y/n. She then hugged the doll close to her heart and smiled at the boy.

"Thank you, Y/n. I shall cherish it." She said.

Y/n smiled in response as well before they exited the arcade. They strolled around the mall and bought bubble teas for them. Then, they spotted a crowd in front of a stage and got curious.

They slipped through the crowd and spotted an Mc midget standing on the stage with an elderly couples and Ben behind him.

"Now, clear your minds." The Mc instructed the three before pulling a pocket watch from his pocket. "Focus only on this pocket watch as it swings back and forth. Your eyelids are feeling heavy. You are falling into a deep sleep."