Chapter 24: Godly Being & Evil Beast

In the middle of heavy rainy night, the Rv is found parking in a campsite with the team inside the vehicle. Although, instead of going to sleep, they're taking a care of a mysterious girl who is unconscious at the back of the vehicle. The girl has a long pale blue hair and wears nothing but a ragged robe that covering her entire body.

Gwen replaced a compress on the girl's forehead with the new one before she went to the dining table where Max and the boys are gathered.

"Can you tell us how did you find her?" Max asked Y/n who is sitting on the table across Ben.

"While you all asleep, I snuck out to find snacks-"

"In the woods?" Ben interjected.

"Yeah." Y/n revealed a polypropylene plastic bag filled with bugs and such, resulting the cousins voiced out their disgust. "Anyway, while I'm having a midnight snack and hunting, I found the girl unconscious in the middle of the woods."

"And you brought her here without a second thought." Gwen remarked.

"What am I supposed to do? Leave out her there in the heavy rain in the night of my birthday?"

A sudden sneeze from the girl caught their attention. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at them with weakness in her expression.

"I'll go make some tea for her." Max said. "Gwen, can you borrow her some of your clothes?"

"Sure thing, grandpa." Gwen obliged.

Max went to the kitchen area, and Gwen walked to the wardrobe. She took a complete set of her clothes and went to the back. The girl moved back a bit, clearly afraid of the red hair stranger.

"It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you." Gwen said in a reassuring tone while showing her palm.

The girl noticed the gesture of friendliness and visibly relaxed. Gwen put her hand down and then closed the curtain for privacy.

"Any idea how did she ended up in the woods?" Max asked while heating up the water.

"I didn't find any footprints. It's like, she appeared out of thin air." Y/n answered.

"You can see in the dark?" Ben asked.

"Thanks to Saberfang."

A bright light suddenly appeared behind the curtain, catching Max's and the boys' attention.

"GRANDPA!" Gwen called in distress.

They quickly rushed to the back, and Max slid open the curtain. To their shock, the girl's body is covered in light and slowly fading. Then, as soon as the light faded, her robe vanished and replaced with the same set of clothes as Gwen's, even though the one that Gwen was preparing is folded neatly on the couch.

"I was about to ask her to change her clothes but suddenly, she glowed so bright and-"

"Easy, Gwen." Max calmed his granddaughter from panicking while holding her shoulder. "If you didn't do this, then-"

"She can do magic!" Ben gasped.

The girl started looking at the team one by one with a curious and cautious gaze. As soon as her eyes met Y/n's brown eyes, the Nemetrix wielder couldn't help but mesmerizing her blue eyes.

.
.
.
.
.

The next morning, Y/n woke up on the dining couch. He lifted his body up to a sitting position before stretching his arms out with a heavy groan. Then, he rubbed his drowsy eyes and blinked a couple of times to gain his sight.