Chapter 32: The Visitor

Somewhere in park St. Louis, Y/n is busying himself with his journal by a long wooden bench. He's sketching Ciel in her white dress while recalling the fight against Ghostfreak and his lackeys.

He couldn't get his mind off of it, not because of her overwhelming power nor her identity as a being called Spirit. The image kept lingering in his mind because of her captivated appearance. No words could describe her that day. Not beautiful nor gorgeous, nothing.

She truly is a goddess, a being with unlimited and unknown potential. However, despite it all, she's still the same Ciel.

"Boo!"

Y/n startled with a yelp. He looked to his side to find Ciel standing and smiling at him innocently, as if she never did a crime. On her hands, she's holding two cups of ice cream with different flavor each. One is vanilla choco chips and the other is strawberry mint.

"Honestly, of all people I've met in this summer, you're the only one I can detect with my senses." Y/n said.

"I guess being a Spirit has its perks." She replied before sitting next to him. "So, was that how I looks like?"

Y/n followed her gaze to his journal on the page of Ciel's bio. "You really don't remember?"

"It's only a vague. And, I believe that my power only respond to my strong desire." She explained. "Ice cream?"

Y/n smiled at her in response before putting away his journal and took the vanilla choco chip. The two took a spoon of their cold meal and hummed in joy by their sweetness.

"I am Groot."

The two looked to their front and found Groot holding a paper behind his back. Smiling innocently, he offered the paper to them. Ciel took it to her hand, and both she and Y/n looked into it.

In the paper, is a badly drawn of the team made from crayons, glitters and some other unknown liquid.

"Aw.." Ciel awed.

"This is really good. This is very nice." Y/n commented and looked at Groot. "Good work, little buddy."

"We're putting this on the fridge."

"Definitely." Y/n agreed and looked back to the picture. "Also, did he use some kind of goo from a fly for the Omnitrix color?"

"I called that creativity."

"Hey guys, check this out!"

Y/n, Ciel and Groot looked at Gwen and surprised to see Ben covered in dog's spit.

"What happened to you?" Y/n asked Ben.

"Don't ask." Ben replied.

"I just did, doofus."

Ciel shook her head while smiling before noticing Max is standing nearby while staring at an elderly couple enjoying a peaceful walk.

"Max seems pretty bummed." Ciel commented, getting the attention of her friends.

"Really?" Ben said after cleaning himself up.

"Should we go and ask him?" Y/n asked him.

"No, I think we should give him some space." Ciel advised.

"Good idea." Gwen agreed. "Hey, grandpa!"

Max startled and turned around to see the kids.

"If you're looking for us, we'll be in the playground!" Gwen said.

Max simply nodded before spacing out again.

"Come on, Groot." Y/n stood up, and the walking plant climbed up to his shoulder.