Chapter 20: They Lurk Below

Flying above an open ocean, Max and the kids are riding in a private jets while being served with snacks and drinks.

"Now this is cool!" Ben cheered. "Picked up in a billionaire's private jet to check out a brand new hotel before anybody else!"

"This could be our best day in summer vacation!" Y/n added. "Thanks, Max."

"I do anything for you guys." Max replied.

"How come you never told us before that you knew Donovan Grandsmith?" Gwen asked in curiosity.

"Must've slipped my mind." Max joked.

The jet reached to the said hotel in the middle of the ocean. The vehicle lowered its wheels and landed on a helipad where two individuals are waiting for Max and the kids. They got off from the jet and greeted the two.

"Max Tennyson, it's been way too long." Donovan greeted.

"How are you, Donovan?" Max shook hand with Donovan.

"Well, with 16 resorts worldwide, I'd say pretty good." He replied. "Glad you finally decide to see how the better half lives."

"These are my grandkids and their friend." Max introduced the kids. "Ben, Gwen, and Y/n."

"And this is my grandson, Edmin." Donovan introduced the kid next to him.

"Hi/Hey/Yo." Gwen, Ben and Y/n greeted in unison.

"Yeah. Whatever." Edwin looked away with his arms crossed, not interest with the trio.

"Ready to take the plunge?" Donovan offered.

They entered to a nearby elevator where it's taking them to a large room below. Once they're out, they met a couple of crews working in the area with a huge round seat like buoy in the middle. They took a seat comfortably, and the crew on a control panel pressed a switch that bringing the group deep into the ocean.

During their travel to the deep below, passing through an underway tunnel, a huge sperm whale passed by.

"Sperm whale." Y/n identified under his breath. "We must be 1000 meters deep or below."

"You sure this is the safest place to build a resort like this?" Max asked Donovan.

"You're talking under water flatline?" Donovan asked back for confirmation.

"I'm talking more like you smacked depth in the middle of Bermuda Triangle." Max clarified.

The Tennysons cousins and Y/n are shocked to hear it, especially the Nemetrix wielder.

"Excuse me? What?!" Y/n exclaimed.

"Growing up, you always were the worrywart, Max. Never the risk taker." Donovan mused. "I give you the world's first and only underwater resort."

Ben and Gwen are in awed as the facility came into view as the hotel is held within a massive dome that protecting it from the crushing depths of ocean.

"You won't believe what's down here." Donovan added.

"Red flag..." Y/n muttered.

They arrived to their destination, and the Tennysons cousins rushed forward with glee with Y/n following behind, passing by a couple of employees. While the cousins went to look at the school of fish, Y/n gazed at large submarine on its station nearby. He whistled in impress manner before he joined the two and noticed a diver doing some window cleaning.

"I read about your resort in 'Pacific Monthly Oceana', Mr. Grandsmith." Gwen said to Donovan. "Very cutting edge. Isn't the glass reinforced with-"

"Butt-kisser." Edwin coughed, interruption Gwen.