Chapter 21: Ghostfreaked Out

As the group are driving through a mild forest, Ben is staring out of the window with a tired gaze. Max has been trying to get his attention till Gwen hit his head with a brochure.

"Clean the wax out of your ears." Gwen glared.

"You okay, son?" Max asked in concern.

"Yeah..." Ben sighed tiredly. "I guess, I'm still a little weirded out by that Wildmutt nightmare."

While the cousins are busy at the dining table, Y/n is continuing his research in his journal in a prone position at the back of the Rust Bucket.

He's jotting down information regarding Ben's nightmare on Ghostfreak page. It's been two days that the Omnitrix wielder has experienced a bad dream. What's worse, the two dreams were about Ghostfreak demanding to come out.

"Is Ghostfreak... living inside the Omnitrix this whole time?" Y/n muttered while tapping his chin with his pen. "If so, does that include other aliens or just his kind?"

Not long after, the group arrived at their destination, the Bencroft academy, dubbed as one of the top school of the country.

They entered the academy while being guided by one of the students there.

"And recently, Bencroft academy was awarded the 'Prestigious Solid Gold Main Cup' trophy for top rated prep-school on the East Coast." The student explained. "So you can see why we're very picky about who we admit. So many delude themselves into thinking they are Bencroft material. It's so sad."

"Can I punch her in the mouth?" Y/b whispered to Ben beside him. "I hate her tone."

"I feel you, man." Ben whispered back. "But we gotta suck it up to survive this boring trip."

Y/n quietly groaned in annoyance before suddenly, Ben froze in place and gazed around in panic.

"Do you have a question?" The student asked directly at Ben, snapping the boy out of his trance.

"Uh, yeah." Ben replied. "Why are there so many kids here during vacation?"

"Attending our prestigious summer school session." The girl said proudly.

Ben and Y/n looked at the girl before they gazed at each other and then laughed their heart out, gaining attention from other students around them.

Both the tour guide and and Gwen glared at the boys with irritation. Once the boys done with their antics, they started to pant due the exhaustion.

"I'm sorry!" Y/n panted. "It's just... from our personal opinion... 'summer' and 'school' are the words that should never be used together."

"Couldn't agree more!" Ben chuckled.

Ignoring the boys' statement, the girl spun around and continued her job as a tour guide with Max and the kids followed.