Chapter 35: Big Fat Alien Wedding

The team is now in a wedding site where Max's nephew, Joel is going to get married. The site is at a clear water lake behind a ballroom where it inhabited by a flock of geese. A gazebo is decorated beautifully in the middle of the lake with arranged chairs in white sheet in front of it.

A butterfly flew toward the team and landed on Groot's nose who is hiding on Y/n's shirt pocket. The walking plant sneezed in result, and the butterfly flew away as Groot trying to catch it.

"Uncle Max."

The team looked to the source and found Joel and his fiancé. Y/n stared at the fiancé in suspicious manner the moment he caught an unfamiliar scent from her.

"Joel." Max greeted. "And this must be Camille. Congratulations."

"I'm so glad you're here." Joel replied. "Maybe you can talk some sense into my parents."

"Why? What's the problem?"

"Max!"

They looked to their backs and found Joel's parents.

"Betty Jean. Gordon." Max greeted the two.

"Ah, Max, we're so glad you're here." Gordon smiled in relief. "Maybe you can talk some sense into these kids."

"What is going on?"

"Ah, they don't know what they're doing. This wedding is a terrible mistake."

"The whole wedding is a terrible mistake?" Max repeated.

"See? Listen to your uncle Max." Gordon said to his son.

"This is confusing." Ciel commented.

"You're telling me." Y/n replied.

Then, Camille's parent, Mr. and Mrs. Mann showed up along with their body guard. And once again, Y/n caught that sense and they're all familiar. Furthermore, he could sense malice from both sides' of the family. Although, the bride's side is far greater.

"Now, Gordon, the kids are grown ups." Mr. Mann reminded Gordon. "Who are we to get in the way?"

"These are my parents, Mr. and Mrs. Mann." Camille introduced.

"I'm sorry we had to meet under such awkward circumstances." Mrs. Mann apologized with a cold tone.

"So are we." Gordon and his wife said in sync with the same flat tone.

The parents of both bride and groom left the scene in their separates way. Camille excused herself with her groom and joined with her parents.

"Ugh, uncle Max, this has been a nightmare." Joel complained. "Not just the parents-"

While Joel listed out all what happened, Y/n sensed a malicious presence watching them from afar. He gazed at the source and the presence vanished immediately.

"Don't worry. I'm sure it'll all work out." Max reassured his nephew.

Joel smiled at Max in relief before Gwen decided to interrupt. She asked a bunch of questions regarding being the flower girl.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Gwen." Joel interjected. "Didn't you hear? Camille's little cousin, Lucy was able to make it after all. But thanks for standing in for us."

Gwen shocked by the news, completely speechless as if her hope has shattered in pieces. Then, Ben chimed in as Gwen left in disappointment.

"Oh please tell me you got another ring bearer, too?" Ben begged.

"Ah no, nothing changes for you." Joel said to Ben. "Except for who you'll dance with in the receptions."

"Dance?! I don't know how to dance!"