Chapter 17: Camp Fear

In a dark and stormy night, the Rv is driving on a mountain side road. Inside, Ben and Gwen is arguing about their shared birthdays. Max and Y/n is at front with the former is driving the vehicle and the later is playing his gameboy with a headset on to ignore the argument between the cousins.

"Change it!" Ben demanded.

"No way! You change yours!" Gwen protested.

"It's your turn!"

"Sorry, but I already picked the cake, color coordinated the balloon and sent the invitations." Gwen elaborated as she picked up an invitation card from her book. "By the way, here's yours."

Gwen handed the invitation card to Ben with his name on it. Ben took it and tossed it away.

"Who planned their birthday party 6 months in advance?!" Ben complained while scratching his bare feat.

"The one who get to celebrate on their actual birthday this year." Gwen snarled.

"I don't think so." Ben put his bare foot on the table in front of Gwen. "Grandpa promised he's taking me for laser tag for my birthday."

"But you can't miss my party, grandpa!" Gwen protested.

"Now you two have shared the same birthday for 10 years!" Max stated. "And if you don't stop arguing, Y/n will be 11 all by himself!"

Max reached out a powder bottle by the cup holder.

"Here Ben, try this on your foot." He tossed it to Ben, in which the boy caught it. "It gets rid of all kind of fungus."

"Athlete foot powder?" Ben read the bottle then grinned. "Well, I am an athlete."

"More like an athletic supporter if you ask me." Gwen commented.

Ben ignored her statement and began to put on the powder to his feet and shoe. Suddenly, Y/n's hair shivered. He looked to his front and spotted a kid on the road.

"WATCH OUT!" He shouted out loud, and Max quickly took a sharp turn to evade.

As if following instinct, the kid rolled away but went too far, resulting him to dangling on a small branch on a cliff. The Rv put to a stop, and Ben rushed out.

"Stinkfly to the rescue." Ben declared and transformed into Cannonbolt. "Aw, man. Can this thing ever get it right?"

He rolled his way to the kid, but the boy lost his grip, resulting him to fall. Cannonbolt quickly jumped off the cliff and caught him mid-air. He then curled himself into a ball and landed safely on the ground with the boy on top of him. The kid recovered to find himself laying on top of Cannonbolt.

"You okay?" Cannonbolt asked in concern, but the kid went unconscious on top of him. "I'll take that as a no."

Cannonbolt then returned to the Rv with the kid before he transformed back to Ben. Max put the kid at the back of the Rv and tended his wounds with the kids gathered around.

"Just a few scrapes and bruises, that's good." Max informed. "But he's out cold."

"His name is Gilbert." Gwen said, surprising Ben.

"How'd you know that?" He asked.

"Name tag on Gilbert's shirt." Y/n showed the name tag behind the boy's towel. "And look at that the logo on his left shoulder. He must be from Camp Opinicon. And what's with that rash?"

"Ugh, nasty!" Ben voiced out his disgust as he poking the rash under Gilbert's sleeves.

"It's obviously some kind of fungus." Gwen stated.