Chapter 31: Be Afraid of the Dark

The boys and Groot are now running away from Ghostfreak and Viktor. The two aliens cornered them on a walkway, resulting the heroes to jump out of the path and swung onto a loose cables. Viktor was about to shoot his electricity, but Ghostfreak stopped him. The heroes made it down to the ground and hid away.

"What's the matter, boys? Aren't you two glad to see me?" Ghostfreak mused. "Haven't you two learned by now that nothing can stop me?!"

Ghostfreak phased through a wall and found the heroes. They quickly fled away, and Ben transformed into Grey Matter.

"Aw, man! Gimme a break!" The frog alien complained before Y/n picked him up to his shoulder.

"Ben, try to make contact with Max and the girls. I saw a computer somewhere when we were running away." Y/n instructed.

"What are you gonna do?" Grey Matter asked.

"I'll distract them."

"That's suicide!"

"I like the odds." Y/n joked. "Groot, you go with him, okay?"

The walking plant nodded before Y/n grabbed them both and tossed them away. As he kept moving his legs, his sense alarmed him and he quickly skidded down to an incoming claw attack from the side. He hit a brake and turned around to see Ghostfreak.

Viktor jumped down behind Y/n, cornering the boy once again. He quickly dialed his watch and transformed into Ork. With a war cry, he attacked them both.

Meanwhile, Grey Matter and Groot are climbing down the floors by sliding down a loose cables. Just like Ork said, he found the computer and used it to call Max and the girls.

"Yo, earth to grandpa. Come in grandpa." Grey Matter called.

On the screen, he and Groot found Max and the girls are in the cockpit of the space shuttle while wearing the level 10 hazmat suits.

"We hear you, Ben." Max replied.

"Where's Y/n?" Ciel asked in concern.

"He's buying us some times." Grey Matter replied. "Listen, old bolt head is going to project a corodium beam from the space station to a transceiver in New Mexico."

"Which will then spread it over the entire earth!" Max deduced.

"New Mexico? Like where we first took on the werewolf?" Gwen inquired.

"That's why it was stealing satellite equipments." Ciel pointed out.

"I am Groot."

"A beam of corodium like that will mutate all human and animal life on earth." Max explained.

"I think that's just a side effect." Grey Matter added. "With the sun blocked out, Ghostfreak would be at full power all the time."

"Ghostfreak?!" Max and the girls exclaimed in disbelief.

"This is beyond Y/n expected, Ghostfreak was not just involve with this. He's behind all of this! And Dr. Monster somehow brought him back to life."

"Hold on a second, Ben." Max pulled out the corodium tracker. "That's strange. According to this, the corodium inside this ship is moving."

Ciel gasped in realization. "The mummy is here!"

Multiple mummy's bandages captured Max and the girls and pulled them into a lower depth of the shuttle.

"Grandpa! Girls!" Grey Matter exclaimed in distress before Groot hitting the screen in panic.

A loud crash can be heard. Grey Matter and Groot turned around to find Ork laying on the floor. As the green alien was about to get up, Viktor dropped onto him.