Chapter 14: Framed

The group is now standing in a very long line of a video game store.

"We've been in this line for two hours and it hasn't budge an inch." Gwen complained.

"Small price to pay for Sumo Slammer 2.1" Ben countered.

"Yeah, the exact same game with only added feature of changing your character's color during the fight." Y/n teased.

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"No." Y/n agreed. "But I do know what game I'm getting."

"Which one?"

"FIFA Street 2, remastered version."

"You know, there's a nice air conditioned book store over there." Max pointed at the place. "Maybe we could wait inside until this line thins out a bit?"

"And lose our place? Not an option." Ben refused.

"You two go. We'll get our games and meet you guys back in the Rv." Y/n suggested.

Max and Gwen shrugged and left the line.

"Want us to pick up anything for you boys in the bookstore?" Max offered.

"I'm on summer vacation. Why would I read anything?" Ben clarified.

"Oh, can you guys find an encyclopedia for animal biology?" Y/n requested. "It's for my research."

They nodded to his request and headed toward the bookstore.

After a lengthy wait in line, Ben and Y/n finally reached the store and bought their games. Once they returned to the Rv, they immediately started playing their new games.

"You must be a 5 and a half year old if changing colors is a new experience for you, pal." Y/n grinned.

"Oh, shut up and play your stupid soccer game." Ben snarled.

Y/n simply chuckled in response as he continued to play his gameboy. He controlled the players to pull some magnificent dribbles and goals. He's so fascinated with it when he was younger to the point he wanted to become the world best striker.

He succeed some of the skills during his practices back at school. And when he scored a goal, the sense of victory is very intoxicating to the point that he wanted score more goals.

After a couple of hours, Max and Gwen entered the vehicle.

"Are you demented?! Going alien just to get a stupid video game?!" Gwen peeved.

"What are you talking about?" Ben and Y/n looked at Gwen in confusion.

"You going Fourarms freaky in front of that store and your partner in crime let it happened! That's what I'm talking about!"

"Now, I'm sure the boys has a good explanation." Max tried to cool down the situation.

"Yeah, Ben didn't do anything. We got our games and headed back to the Rv." Y/n clarified.

"And Y/n has been by my side, so it's impossible for me to go alien." Ben added.

"If that's true, then what's that?!"

Gwen reached the remote and turned on the Tv. It showed Fourarms threw a dumpster at Max and Gwen, surprising the boys.

"That's not me!" Ben protested.

"Oh, no? I'm sure it's just another Fourarms alien going rampage in front of the video game store." Gwen stated.

"It's possible. All the alien species in the Omnitrix live out in the universe somewhere. Remember Tetrax?"