Chapter 33: Divided We Stand

The team is now spending a nice relaxing day at the beach. Gwen is reading her spell book, Max is working on some sort of machine next to her with Y/n assisting him, and Ciel is experimenting her magic on Groot while listening to Escape (Piña Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes.

"You sure know how to work on mechanic, Y/n." Max complimented.

"I learned a thing or two when I'm disarming Animo's mutant generator and Sublimino's hypno watch." Y/n clarified. "Uh, try to double up the rotation cycle. It should be increasing the energy efficiency."

Max nodded in acknowledgment and followed the boy's instruction.

"So nice to finally get a little peace and quiet, so I can catch up on my summer reading." Gwen smirked.

"Although, I can't help feeling it's a little too quiet." Max commented.

Max, Gwen and Y/n came to realization in a sudden.

"Where's Ben?"

As if answering their question, screaming crowds of panic caught their attention. They watched patrons fleeing away from the shoreline and Ripjaws emerged from the water with a boogey board. The fish alien crashed into a sandcastle, and the team confronted him with a disappointment looks in their face. The watch reached its time limit and reverted Ripjaws back to Ben.

After the commotion cleared up, the team brought Ben to their relaxing spot. The boy is sitting on the deckchair while the team is standing around him with a scowl on their face.

"Come on, I was just having some fun." Ben casually voiced out his defense.

"And so were we." Max protested.

"Only somehow we manage have fun without scaring innocent people half to dead." Gwen added.

"Ben, which part you don't understand that these watches are not toys, again?" Y/n inquired.

"Xylene even requested you to take care of it." Ciel reminded him.

"I am Groot!"

Ben stood up. "Yeah? Well, if I wanted to read book and build science project, I'd have signed up for dumb summer school."

The boy walked away in displease as the team watched in concern.

Despite it all, the team continued their relaxation. Y/n put the final screw on the machine, finally assembling their project. Although, he tensed up by an incoming danger so he quickly jump to Max's behind and caught an incoming fast ball with his hand.

"Thanks, sport." Max sighed in relief.

"Nice catch, buddy!" Ben ran toward the two while holding a ping pong bat. "Pass it back at me!"

Y/n gazed at the ball in his hand before smirking deviously. He walked to an open area before dropping the ball and kicking it.

 He walked to an open area before dropping the ball and kicking it