Chapter 13: The Big Tick

It's a beautiful day in Yellowstone national park. Max, Gwen and Y/n are enjoying a peaceful hike through the nature of a forest.

Max exhaled in relief. "Nothing like relaxing in the peace and quiet of the outdoors."

"Darn it! Darn it! I hate this stupid thing!" Ben complained, ruining the moment.

Max and the kids turned around to see Ben fiddling with the Omnitrix while hearing a news reporter in his headphones. Disturbed, Ben moved the headphones to his neck, letting the news report be heard about a small meteorite that will crash in the northern part of the state.

"What's the matter, Ben?" Max asked.

"I figured I'd go Xlr8 and hit that burger place in Casper to pick up a double cheeseburger with pickles." Ben explained. "But it looks like I'm stuck here."

"Ben, Yellowstone happens to be one of the coolest places around. Just hang out and appreciate it." Gwen suggested.

"She has a point, Ben." Y/n agreed as he approaching a lone dead log. "And we can live right off the land."

He pushed the log away, revealing a group of grub worms beneath it.

"Grub worms!" Y/n licked his lips and picked one. "I heard they're full of protein."

And without anyone consent, he proceed to eat it like a noodle, earning a voice of disgust from the cousins. Max went to Y/n's side and eat one as well.

"Hmm, grill them up with a sun-dry tomato paste, they are-"

"Maybe I can help." Gwen reached the Omnitrix, unable to hear more of Max's taste buds. "I'll take my burger with chili."

"I can appreciate that." Ben smiled.

The ring suddenly popped up, and Ben transformed into a new alien.

Ben fell to the ground, unable to balance himself and get stuck on his back like a turtle

Ben fell to the ground, unable to balance himself and get stuck on his back like a turtle. Max and kids approached Ben's new alien in curiosity.

"Uh, guys, what am I?" Ben asked them.

"Now, that's a heroic pose." Gwen smirked.

"Real funny."

They helped Ben up to his feet and then Y/n examined his new form.

"I can't believe I'm a new hero." Ben commented.

"And whether there's one more, who know, there could be a hundred more." Max assumed.

"Well as long they are not as worthless as this one is."

"Hold on, Ben. Looks can be deceiving." Y/n retorted. "Beside, I think I figured out what this alien can do."

"Well, don't leave us in suspense, Sherlock." Gwen stated.

"Small stout body... armor plating on his back, arms and legs... powerful arms but stubby legs..." Y/n listed the characteristic. "Ben, try rolling up into a ball."