Chapter 29: The Unnaturals

The team is now in Philadelphia, walking down the sidewalk after having a fun evening at the local carnival.

"Hey boys, check it out!" Max called. "Your hometown baseball, the Cannons are in the finals of the Little League World Series."

The boys looked into a Tv store display where it showing the news.

"No way! I was supposed to be on that team!" Ben complained.

"Yeah, if only you can hit, or throw, or run-"

"You think we can go, grandpa?" Ben requested, ignoring Gwen's sarcasm.

"Or catch, or slide..." She continued. "Stop me if I'm leaving anything out."

"You don't play baseball, Y/n?" Ciel asked.

"Nah, I'm into soccer." The boy replied.

"You should've seen how he play in the field." Ben mused. "Of all players in the team, he scored the most goals!"

"That's amazing!" Ciel said in awe.

"Yeah, so amazing that the coach kicked me out from the team due of my selfishness." Y/n remarked.

"Well maybe if you pass the ball to your teammates, then you wouldn't get kicked out in the first place." Gwen scolded. "You know that soccer is a game played by 11 players in a team."

"Ha! Only a small minded rookie think like that. Not my fault they couldn't keep up with my skill. In fact, they should be grateful to have someone who scored more goals than their own teammate."

The next morning, Max and the kids drove to the Little League stadium where the finals take place.

At the front gate of the stadium, the team noticed the securities are heavy armed with rifles and guard dogs.

"What's with all the security?" Gwen inquired.

"The president is a big baseball fan. He likes to make an appearance to cheer the kids on." Max explained.

After inspecting the Rv, the guards let them through. Max parked the vehicle next to a practice field, and they exited the Rv except Y/n.

"Sorry Groot, but you're staying." Y/n placed the walking plant on the dining table.

"I am Groot?"

"Cuz I have a feeling that I'm going to encounter someone that I wished I never meet in this summer." Y/n explained before placing his music player beside Groot. "But here, you can hear my playlist."

The walking plant smiled and proceed to pick a song. Once the boy exited the vehicle, he could've sworn that Groot is playing Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra.

He walked away from the parking lot and spotted the practice field from a far. And as if he jinxed it, he found J.T and Cash, Ben's bullies at school, wearing Cannons' baseball uniforms. Ben is on the ground near them with part of his pants got ripped, and the two are having an argument with Ciel.

"I just had to jinx myself, huh?" Y/n sighed in disappointment.

Crossing the line, Cash pushed Ciel to the ground and took her plushie away. He began to toss the doll around with J.T as Ciel and Gwen trying to retrieve it.

"Yo, Horse face!" Y/n snapped and began to run toward them.

The bullies noticed the boy and let out a smirk of mischief.

"Finally, some payback!" Cash tossed the doll away. "Come on, J.T! Let's teach this guy a lesson."

Y/n watched the doll landed on the ground and got dirty. Ciel retrieved the plushie and wiped off the dirt before hugging it close. If Y/n hasn't being angry, he's already now.