14. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋

• 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐏 •  

• 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐏 •  

'You have nothing ritvik! You can't give me the luxurious life which vihaan can. You can never reach to his level.' 

The words began echoing in the surrounding, every now and then her voice was growing it's pitch making it unbearable for him to take.
Again the same words ranged in his ear drums, he moved his head, each time changing sides but the voice wasn't fading.

At last the pitch got to its highest which jolted him from the sleep. A heavily panting ritvik threw the quilt aside and jump out of the bed, he got inside the washroom, standing before the mirror. Then lifting his eyes he looked at himself, he was sweating, sweating like he just had completed kind of race.

His eyes we're holding nothing but filled with blankness as starting the tap he splashed water on his face, clearing the little ounce of sleep he had.

He removed his shirt and stood under the shower as the hot water ran down his mascular body. He cleared his mind, trying to push those bad memories.

~•~

"Get me the project reports in 10 minutes, and i don't want any mistake so be careful before putting it on my table. I don't want lazy people in my office, this project is very important to me." His strong voice shivered the people around as the lady, none other than his secretary nodded her head before leaving the cabin.

He swirled the chair facing the wall while going through some files. He got himself engaged in it untill someone knocked on the door. He gritted his teeth and exhaled a deep breathe.
"Now why are you disturbing me?" He growled turning around to face a well built figure, wearing a grey suit, holding a bossy attitude.

"Calm down bro!" He laughed and came inside occupying the couch.

"Why are you here? Don't you have other works? There's a very important meeting and i don't want any mistake__"

"Shut up! Can't you talk other than work?" The man gave him a bored look.

"Prem, I am warning you. This time i will not tolerate any stupidity from you. I will kill you if you do anything kind of drama." Ritvik warned placing the file back on table while prem ignored him.

"Where were you last night? Aunty was asking me and as usual I have no answers! I lied to her saying you are at my place. Can you do the efforts of telling me?" He inquired which earned a stern glare from ritvik.

"In the club__"

"Hanging out with another bunch of girls?"

"Shut up!" He growled and stood up, walking near the glass wall while staring at the tall buildings and the road below which was almost invisible as his cabin was on the eighth floor.

"Why don't you settle down with some nice girl? Look at me, I never believed in love but after isha entered in my life everything changed. Now I am happily married and have a beautiful child too. Just listen to me and think on it. Aunty was very tensed last night." Prem put his palm over his shoulder trying to gain his attention.