❤️ Chapter 19 ❤️

   I groaned as sun rays hit my face from the curtainless window. It took my brain a couple of seconds to turn on, feeling like I had been asleep for three years. It wasn't fully the sun that forced me awake, though. It was the sound of an obnoxious couple fighting outside, next door to my room.

The woman was screaming, her voice failing a couple of times, not from emotion but from being a smoker. I knew that kind of rasp anywhere. And it wasn't shade at Cedric.

Or maybe it was.

They went on and on, fighting about who stole whose money, who fucked whose sister, and who finished the coke line on the kitchen table without telling the other. Eventually it got so irritating to listen that I pulled the pillow over my head and tried to suffocate myself.

But it didn't help. Not one bit.

I forced my eyes open and stared at the ceiling, then the empty room, then the single mattress I slept on last night with no sheets. It was a bit scratchy, but it wasn't the worst thing I'd slept on.

My arm stretched towards the outlet as I picked up my phone and ripped it out of the charging cable. There were two messages from Cedric and Elijah. I rubbed my eyes and wondered why they were both messaging me so early, since the messages dated back around three hours ago, when it was still night.

Cedric's message just said he was coming over during lunch. And Elijah's was just him telling me he couldn't sleep, which was often. It made me feel bad for him, and I wish I could help.

Sorry I missed your text, I was fast asleep, I responded to Elijah.

He replied quickly: It's okay, I had company.

I squinted my eyes at the phone. I wasn't sure if that was a joke because of his . . . because of the voices, or if he genuinely had company. I didn't ask him to clarify, in case he was serious. I wouldn't want to ever make him feel bad about it.

Did you just wake up? He texted again.

Yeah. There's a couple fighting outside.

He sent a photo a few seconds later. My eyebrows went up as I opened the picture. It was his bulge. And under the photo he sent another message: He's also awake :(

I usually suffered from morning wood, it was just a normal occurrence for most guys, but the couple outside blocked that for me today. This picture on the other hand was reviving the morning condition.

Why are you hard? I asked.

Honestly, I had no idea what to respond with. But I also didn't just want to stare at the photo for an hour and forget to respond to him. The photo was nice, it clearly had my attention, in more ways than one. He was wearing black shorts with some crazy designs that looked like tattoos, and no shirt from what I could see, but the photo was only showing his lap, directly over the hard-on.