❤️ Chapter 18 ❤️

   "His name is Taehyung and I named my vibrator after him," Sonam explained to Dorian, who was sitting next to her on the couch watching a video on her laptop. "In my opinion, he's the cutest one. I'd give him my eggs if he asked. I'd cook them too."

"He's attractive," he agreed.

"Period."

"Have you guys seen my phone?" I asked, face planted on the floor as I searched under my bed.

"Couch," Dorian replied, a second later waving my phone in his hand.

"Oh, thanks," I said, getting up from the floor and running to retrieve it in a hurry. "I'll be back later."

Hopefully.

"Have fun, Lucy," Dorian said, flashing a smile my way that made my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach.

It was difficult holding back the emotions threatening to push out of my eyes in liquid form. This wasn't a safe life that I was diving into. I was being incredibly irresponsible by still living here, a safe place for my friends, a vulnerable location that could easily be found by these people if they discovered the truth of my situation.

"Thanks," I said, leaving the apartment.

Cedric had been waiting outside for an hour. At first he tried knocking on the front door, but after he found out I was sleeping, he opted to wait outside until I woke up. He thought he'd be disturbing me, which was kind of him, but there were more important things right now than sleep and I wouldn't have been mad if he'd woken me up.

"Ready to go?" Cedric asked when I joined him in his truck.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I replied quietly, noticing right away that something was wrong. I knew what it was, but had no clue how to approach it without messing it all up.

Before I started a conversation, I pondered for a while, mostly to give him some time to brave up and ask me himself, but that moment never came. I watched his face from the corner of my eyes, there was nothing there except a disapproving expression. He was surely thinking about it.

"Cedric?" I called his name quietly.

"Hm?"

"D-Do you want to talk about it?"

"Talk about what?" He was either pretending or I read everything wrong.

"Everything."

"As in . . ."

"Jesus, Cedric."

"My name is Cedric Hunter, not Jesus Cedric."

That was such a horrible fucking dad joke that I had to turn my face away and cringe against the glass window.

I cleared my throat and composed myself. "Well, Cedric Hunter. Now that we're alone, do you want to talk about Elijah and how I ended up in two gangs?"