❤️ Chapter 23 ❤️

   At this point in my life, I wondered if peeking through windows was a good hobby. It was starting to be a regular thing of me being on the floor, under a window, taking quick glances at suspicious men in suspicious vehicles.

The unfortunate part was that Jin lived in an apartment with a balcony that had a glass sliding door and no wall to hide behind. The fortunate part was that he seemed to be indecisive about the sun, which meant he had amazing blinds.

Every five minutes or so, I spread the blinds and looked with one eye, afraid of causing too much movement and exposing myself. They were still there. Sometimes I'd see them talking to each other or looking around, but other than that nothing eventful happened.

It was the next day and I had no idea what time it was. I was focused on making sure my ass didn't get kidnapped again. Cedric and Elijah weren't able to make it yesterday when I warned them of the men, but they promised they'd be here today.

I almost fell asleep a few times. I was running on no sleep and it was slowly getting to me. The exhaustion weighed heavily on my body, and especially my eyelids, which felt like they gained a couple of pounds, and sometimes when I looked at the men in the car, it looked as though they were giving each other head — but there was absolutely no way.

Clearly my lack of sleep was causing me to see things. It wasn't even the first time. Earlier today I swore I saw an alien walk into the restaurant. I wish I was joking.

Eventually I pulled my strength to glance through the blinds once again and double check that they were still there. As my eyes cleared from the sleepiness, the front door slammed so loud that I screamed at the top of my lungs and started crying. It was only Jin coming home from school.

I slowly descended onto the floor and laid dead still.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" he said, dropping his backpack on the floor and running to me.

"I'm tired," I said, giving him little sniffles.

He touched his chest and sighed in relief, then smacked my chest playfully. "You scared me."

"Sorry."

"Have you even slept?" he asked, joining me on the floor and laying on his back next to me.

"No."

"Are you okay?"

"No."

He rolled on his side and leaned on his elbow, resting his head on his hand. "What's wrong?"

"Cedric is coming to pick me up."

He gasped quietly. "Are you going on a trip?"

"Gang shit," I lied, hoping he wouldn't ask any questions. Although, it wasn't that much of a lie. All of this had everything to do with gangs, but it wasn't what he was thinking.