Chapter 22

   Jin woke me up the next day with a cute little breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs and toast, with a side of bacon and a water bottle. He wanted to give me orange juice, but had none. I told him he didn't have to do any of this again. In fact, it should be me doing it for him.

But the thing that felt a little strange was how he came into my bedroom only in boxers. It left me with more confusing, suspicious thoughts. Was he trying to give me signals by having his bulge bounce freely in the comfort of his apartment or was I just assuming things?

The common thought in my head was that I just didn't know him enough to understand what kind of person he was. This was his apartment after all, so why should he have to change in order to make me feel comfortable? It should be the other way around — I was the one that had to adapt. It totally had nothing to do with the fact that every guy seemed to want me here in California.

Maybe I should just accept whatever he does and not overthink things. Maybe he just enjoyed not being constricted by clothing? Maybe for once it had nothing to do with me.

Either way, I said nothing to him about it. I was not going to enable anyone to make bad decisions.

On purpose.

Jin spent all morning and early afternoon on his computer working on his project. I could see it on his face how much he regretted his decision to leave it to the last minute.

He told me at some point that his grades were not bad, but not great either. They were good enough to graduate with and that was all he cared about — which explained his carelessness. This was his last assignment and he felt compelled to do a good job as his last responsibility.

I spent a few hours in my room looking through my phone, adding a couple of old photos I had to my Instagram. The pictures ranged from new food I got to try over the years, to me and Dorian, and random objects when I thought I was good at photography.

The photos of me and Dorian put me in an emotional mood, so when I knew he was out of work, I jumped in bed and called him.

"Lucy!" he answered, fake crying into the phone.

"You free?" I asked.

"I am. My door got fixed so I have privacy again!"

"Did I just interrupt something?" I said with suspicious energy.

"Are you implying that I was about to have my meat in my hand?"

"Were you?"

"Who says I'm not doing it right now?"

"Okay."

"How is everything? I miss you."

I took a deep dramatic breath. "I'm okay. I miss you too. How's your job going?"