❝ sorry, jeez ❞

the show had finally started while backstage lexi and chris were left by themselves as nick and matt were grabbing the q&a box and madi and laura were in the bathroom and malcom was getting ready.

the two sat there in silence, trils music blasting in the background normally chris would be shouting it but for some reason he was being quiet.

"what's up?" lexi asked looked at him raising her eyebrows as in answer with the truth.

"nothing. why does everything have to be wrong with you?" he snapped looking at her like he was about to pounce on her.

lexi raised her hands in surrender. "sorry, jeez." she scoffed as she put her hands down and crossing her arms.

chris sighed, "no. i'm sorry i didn't mean to snap like that." he said looking at his shoes. he looked upset.

"what's wrong?" she asked worriedly.

chris looked hesitant. "i um. it's fine really, i'm fine." he said taking a inhale in.

"chris you're clearly not okay." lexi said placing a hand on his arm.

he looked at her this look in his eyes she'd never seen before. but for some reason she couldn't look away. her expression softened at his sudden change of expression.

"it's nothing." he said quietly shaking his head and breaking the eye contact.

"i don't want to push you. but i'm here i promise. i love you." she paused, "platonically."

his expression looked a bit different it's like his feelings were hurt. "it's just—" he then got cut off by matt and nick running up to him laughing. chris quickly threw on a smile and laughed along. "what? what are we laughing at?" chris asked through the laughs.

"just that a fan just threw their shoe at tril on stage." madi chimed in laughing as well.

"i have to go call sab. be back." lexi said before quickly walking off.

chris' eyes followed her she seemed off now. dammit why couldn't he just look happy?

𝄞 𓆩♡𓆪 🎧 ࿀࿁  ∗ ꒪ 𓂂ᣞ.

ִ we're crazy 𖥔 ˖ .