❝ a book ❞

lexi and matt were sitting with each other on the bus up late because neither of them could sleep while the others did.

"matt?" lexi said looking up from her journal.

"hm?" he hummed raising his focus from his phone to his best friend.

"do you think if a friend admits their feelings and the other tells them they don't like them would that cause them to not be friends anymore?" she asked her expression one hundred perfect curious.

matt raised his eyebrows with a concerned look, "are you admitting that you like me?" he asked nervously.

"no! god no!" she exclaimed in a whisper tone. "no, i just need advice." she stated.

"for what?" matt asked now putting his phone down. oh gosh this conversation is getting serious.

"a book im reading. i really want them to be endgame." she said with a shrug.

matt took a deep breath holding his chest, "don't do that again, you scared me." he said letting go of the breath he had just inhaled, "but i mean it's all fake, so probably not. but in a real life definitely. if i liked a girl and she was my friend and i told her and she told me it would never happen, i'd be mortified and probably want to cut all ties not because it's her fault but honestly if i loved her, or really really liked her i wouldn't bare the pain that'd come with her never liking me back." matt ranted.

lexi sighed, dammit. "okay thanks, i'm tired i'm probably gonna go to bed." she said before getting up and walking off.

matt knew something was up it was no book.

𝄞 𓆩♡𓆪 🎧 ࿀࿁ ∗ ꒪ 𓂂ᣞ.

ִ we're crazy 𖥔 ˖ .