Chapter 1: Confusion After the Storm (Updated)

Earth, UN Far East District, Japan, Tokyo, 20th March 2206 A.D.

It has been a few months since the resettlement of Garmillian refugees in Japan was approved by the UN Far East Branch. All across the Earth, the rebuilt cities and capitals are quickly expanded beyond their original capacity to accommodate more people. These rebuilt cities ranged from major world cities like Tokyo, New York, San Francisco, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Moscow, Paris and London, to relatively minor cities like Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya, Warsaw, Taipei, Bangkok, Manila, Ho Chi Minh City and Jakarta. Under the Treaty of Friendship with the Gullman Garmillas Empire, ethnic Garmillians and Zaltzis (a constitutional member species of the former Great Garmillas Empire) on Earth will now be considered as citizens of the newly established United Earth Federation.

And Garmillians were not the only ethnic groups that were displaced during the war that cost millions of Earth and Garmillian lives. As in Tokyo alone, there's already established refugee communities from Asian countries that were destroyed during the war, such as Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines. Although the home countries of these refugees were for the most part had been rebuilt, and in the case of the Garmillian, a new planet was gained for their resettlement, many of them had already settled themselves in their new homes in other parts of Earth. As a result, some of them were already considering themselves as the citizens of the countries they took refuge in. As such, only around half of these refugees returned to their old homelands while the rest chose to stay in the country that they now considered a new home.

Right now people of Earth, both Terrans and Garmillians are joining hands together to rebuild the planet from the catastrophe of the Gatlantis War. The current situation on Earth can be compared to a Star Trek movie. Everything is happening at a fast pace. The once enemies now become friends and neighbors. If you walk the streets of Japan at this time, there's no shortage of mixed couples, be it Japanese–Garmillian, Indonesian–Vietnamese or even Zaltzi–Korean. Though hatred among them is still a thing, especially between Terrans and Garmillians, as just two years back many of them are on the different side of the Earth–Garmillas War, the strict legislature has prevented such toxic ideology from spreading. They cannot afford to be fighting among themselves anymore. And thankfully, due to being comrades in arms in the same war against the genocidal Gatlantis, a sense of friendship has formed among the majority of people.

At the same time beyond the Earth atmosphere, the process of rebuilding the surface of the moon is still very much ongoing. As it was almost completely destroyed as a consequence of the catastrophic war. Thankfully with the help of new technology, the space battleship Musashi and Ginga of the UNCN are working overtime with other Garmillian vessels to gather almost every single moon's fragments back to their original celestial body. As a result, the estimate of 25% of the destroyed moon surface has been rebuilt. Still, the occasional meteorite rains still happen, as smaller moon fragments are falling into the Earth, creating a beautiful view at night.

On the other hand, the clean up operations of shipwrecks are happening on a daily basis. After the Earth–Gatlantis War, the surface of the Earth and her orbit are still littered with many destroyed and damaged ships, from the Gatlantis enormous Calaklum–class and Apocalix–class ships, Garmillans Haizerad–class, to the ubiquitous UNCN's Dreadnought–class. Those reminders of the bloody past are being towed back to a recycle yard to be dismantled or be rebuilt depending on the condition of the vessel. The material from this will be used in the reconstruction of Earth. Of course, the workers occasionally discover remains of sailors in these vessels. Once discovered, they'll properly give them a funeral and burial or cremation depending on the wishes of the deceased's surviving family. 

All seems to be well until...   

"The Category 5 tropical hurricane Nolo has reached the southernmost tip of Japan around the Sakishima Islands. It was predicted that the Nolo will reach mainland Japan in 12 hours. All residents are to evacuate to designated shelters, the evacuation order will be issued to some regions..."