Chapter 10: Operation Three of a Kind

20th August 1639 CCY, Kingdom of Louria, Rodenius Continent

With operation Humanity Sentinel in full swing, the Marines and Navy have achieved the chain of victories against the Lourian army. On the land, the combined force of the 13th and 31st divisions of the Japan Cosmos Marine has established an encirclement of a vast area around the capital city Jin Hark of Louria. With the support of the Shizuhama Air Defense and aircraft from the 1st Combined Quick Reaction Fleet, air superiority over the sky of the Rodenius continent is but guaranteed for Japan and her allies. On the sea, the blockade of the Lourian navy was complete. No ships can get in or out of Louria without taking a dance with death.

This caused a massive fallout in the internal working of the kingdom of Louria. Originally, Louria was a smaller kingdom that had triumphed over the other minor states and united them to become the largest country in Rodenius. The buried feeling of hostility reemerges from the lords of all regions. They started to break away from Louria, declared independence, and make peace with Japan and Qua Toyne on their own.

The Japanese are now faced with a massive three-layered fortress with trenches that is the Lourian capital, Jin Hark. Though it would be a dangerous and costly task for an army like that of the Qua Toynian to attack and claim the fortress, it's nothing but a target-rich environment for Japan.

Jin Hark Fortress

Jin Hark Fortress

Jin Hark Castle

"So? What news do you wish to give me?" – Hark Louria XXXIV

"S-sir... We have fortified the frontline with all of our magic cannons! Trenches have been dug. All civilians are ordered to serve the army as best as they can and die if they must!" – General Patagene

The king in his bathrobe holds a wine goblet and takes a sip. His demeanor does not change. He looks at the general clad in armor kneeling in front of him reporting the situation. He is angry. He is frustrated. He's the type of king that is only crowned because he has the blood of his ancestor in him. He has no talent, he has no real strength. His country is nothing compared to Qua Toyne with its God-blessed rich fertile land.

He ruled with an iron fist, on the basis of the supremacy of humans, and the oppression and enslavement of non-humans. With this, he has given Louria an enemy to unite. But it's still not enough. Louria's still poor, albeit richer than Quilla and just a level below that of Qua Toyne, but certainly not rich enough to fulfill his dream of uniting the continent of Rodenius under his reign. He is forced to bow down to the Parpaldian to get more military goods. He, as a king, is forced to endure humiliation and trade not only the demi-human slave for Parpaldian weapons and wyverns but also his people. But all was worth it to unite Rodenius. Or so it was until Japan shows up.

They show up with a fleet of warships and asked to establish diplomacy. But the one that did the talking was not human, but a blue-skinned demi-human in his eyes. This enraged the king. He kicked them out and refused to talk. For this action, the Parpaldian observers gave him another hundred wyverns for his army. With the guarantee that Japan is nothing but a bunch of barbarians being supported by another superpower, he orders his army to launch the attack on Qua Toyne reasoning those barbarians would not have the needed resources or forces to help the Qua Toynian. Oh, how wrong was he, his generals, and those Parpaldian observers? No... there must still be something that he can do.