Chapter 26: Gentle Persuasion

Yokosuka Naval Yard, Tokyo, Japan, 3rd January 1640 CCY

The whole of Tokyo Bay is canopied by a beautiful blue sky. As far as people can see, there is not even a little cloud in sight. Today, many people are gathering in the courtyard looking out to the bay and the shipyard. Everyone is in a happy mood; many people are taking out their cameras to take pictures of the scene in front of them. Stalls are set up by Japanese and foreign merchants. People wear all kinds of attire. Some are just ordinary clothing, to traditional Kimono of Japan, the Ao Dai of Vietnam, the medieval attire of people from the Rodenius continent, the Renaissance style outfit of the Philades and Parpaldia, and the Roaring 20s suit and dress of Mu. In the bay, various ships from small leisure crafts to large merchant sailing vessels are parked at a safe distance and look in.

On top of a viewing platform set up for the VIP is the delegation from Parpaldia, diplomatic staff from the embassy of countries from Elysia, the staff from Naval Command, and the Japan Government. Today is a day for celebration. Everyone is smiling and having fun. Because today, it's the first time Japan will launch not only a new class of ship but also the first time the shipyard of Japan launches any major ships in this brand-new world.

From the viewing platform, the Parpaldian delegation can clearly see the economic might of Japan. Four battleships, two large ships with no weapons, and six Destroyers are built and will be simultaneously launched into the bay of Tokyo. The Andromeda-class space battleship, while not the largest in service of Japan Cosmos Navy, is tremendous compared to any of the ships from Parpaldia. Not even Mu possesses such a large warship. Only the Holy Milishial Empire's ship may stand a hope to stand next to them and not be compared as something lesser.

On the other hand, the new Legend-class space destroyer (Ex-The Sullivans-class), is a new marvel of technology, the fruit of cooperation between Nambu Heavy Industries and Lockheed Martin Arms and Engineering Concerns. The ships are built upon a new architecture that focuses on performing multirole missions, stealth and speed, heavy and rapid armaments, and capable of launching a squadron of space fighters. It's built upon the new mission requirement of having a destroyer class ship that can comfortably perform recon missions, is able to fight back at any threat that it may see, and work in concert with the fleet. Equipped with 3 concealed-dual 155mm quick-firing positron shock cannon, plenty of missile and torpedo ports, and one miniature Wave Motion Gun similar to that of the Enceladus-class, ships of the Legend-class are dangerous opponents to anything that even the Gatlantis or Dark Nebula Empire can throw at it.

Next to the 6 Legend-class destroyers are the two new Jeanne d'Arc-class hospital ships. Painted in all white with red stripes and the red crystals, a symbol of humanitarian protection, on the side of them. They are a variant of the Dreadnought-class battlecruiser that is stripped off all the 305mm shock positron cannons, wave motion guns, missile and torpedo launchers safe of its concealed defensive weapon. Instead, the space onboard was dedicated to the medical facility rival that of any hospital in mainland Japan. Her spacious hangar also includes space for 6 Seagulls transport crafts and 2 Heavy-class fireboats specifically fitted for transporting the wounded and sick. These vessels will now officially replace the Mercy-class hospital ship built upon the frame of Murasame-class cruiser, representing the hope and friendship from Japan to anyone who is in need.

"Such a display... hmm... they really are from another world..." – Kaios

"Director Kaios... there is no way... any of our ships, even the Super Phishanus ships of the line can't do anything to sink one of these ships..." – Admiral Armos

"Yes, I don't want to say it, but... even I, who has limited military knowledge know that it's impossible to fight these people and come out on top. Just hope that the royal palace understands what they are seeing." – Kaios