Chapter 15: Operation Doomslayer (1)

80km from Tormeus, Topa Kingdom

The convoy of refugees comes to a halt. Everyone here has reached their limit. The elderly and children cannot walk one step more. One sole soldier is guarding them. He's Argus, the sole survivor of Tormeus and the Door of the World Garrison. He's a young man who just reached 18. When the demons came, he was the only one selected to protect the civilian. It's not that because he would be useful or anything. His commander and comrades who had known him and his family for a long time took pity on him and his old mother opted to send him away. The last words that his comrade told him still play in his head.

"Man, I'm gonna miss Mrs. Agatha's lamb soup every Emissary Holiday. Go on and protect them for us." – Knight Commander Avon

He hesitated. He did not want to leave his comrade. But he was slapped in the back real hard by his uncle Raz and ushered away. As he turned around and looked, a hundred muskets that those Parpaldian so "generously gave" they are firing as fast as they can. But the bullets bounced harmlessly off the skin of the larger orc. Those stupid muskets cost one slave and a half each or the equivalent of gold, and those bastards are going to increase the price the next time around. Was it worth it, you asked? Just know that Argus will strike down any arrogant Palpie he sees the next time, especially that bastard named Rius. Damn the consequence, damn those arrogant Parpaldian.

The funny part is they are supposed to be here and defend Tormeus. After many attempts to contact them, the clerks from their "foreign affairs department" of theirs just refused to listen, or so he heard. Just as he and the convoy leave the limit of Tormeus, a large crunching sound can be heard from the direction of Tormeus. He prayed to the Emissary that they will keep his friends and comrades safe. But it looks like it's not going to happen. He knew they had reached the gate and had likely breached it.

But he can't cry. He has to be strong for the civilian. He can't cry now. He has to reach the next fortress, Rergen. He has to carry on for his friends and family. As he looked up, something caught his eye. The journey is slow, and they have to rest many times for the elderly and children.

"Uncle... can you see that?"

A child points up to the sky, tugging at Argus's shirt. That's Commander Avon's son. He's not imagining it. Everyone else now started to see it. Silvery figures fly in the sky.

"Stand back Sioux, if you can, guild everyone into that forest cover over there." – Argus

The silvery flying thing flies with incredible speed over their head and circles them a few times before flying off in the direction of Tormeus. What is that he wonders. Could it be a wyvern? Or a new species of flying demon? He can't tell. But a few minutes later, large screeching large light arrows fly past him and the civilian in the direction of Tormeus, followed by numerous detonations and more of those silvery crafts. He caught a glimpse of one of the craft flying low enough. He saw a red roundel on it. Similar to the story of the Emissary of the legend. He wonders if his prayer has been answered.

Tormeus, Topa Kingdom

The demon lord Nosgorath is sitting inside the lord's seat at the top of the Tormeus Castle. He's drinking from a goblet made from the skull of the human claimed to be the knight captain of Tormeus. Well, since he commanded quite a good defense of this wretched town and held out for more than 3 days, he shall grant the puny human the honor of serving him as a goblet. The rest... was cooked. His troops were similarly thrown into the belly of the massive demonic earth dragons. Fitting ends for the inferior humans and elves, Nosgorath thought.

"Demon lord, please eat this soup. We found some elves trapped in the town. They will help you gain more power." – Red Ogre

"My, thank you. Did you put that human in there also?" Nosgorath