Chapter 11: New Winds

20th November 1639 CCY

Tokyo High-Security Prison

"... the repatriation of all Lourian POWs has been completed. All prisoners are in good health and condition. On that note, the hospital ships JCN Jeanne d'Arc, and JCN Tachibana Maru are on their way to providing humanitarian aid. On to the next news, with the conclusion of the recent round of talks held by the Foreign Affairs Department onboard the battleship Yamato, the consensus was achieved between all breakaway states of Louria. Louria, Narvia, Clovia, and Argonia will now join hands together and form the Republic of United Presidia. The head of the provisional government, Prime Minister Patagene... zzz!"

Prisoner number 0432 turned off the television in his cell. He hung his head low. He has truly lost everything. The dream of going down in history as the great conqueror of Rodenius is now gone. He's now a nobody in a foreign land, paying for his crime. He looks at the tray of meals on the table, and out of the small slit window. The lights of the foreign city scared him. The sound is too much for him to handle.

So many things... so alien... but everything looks so... rich. The demi-humans walk the streets just like humans. The people marvel over the magic of some elves. Horseless carriages run at high speed, and weirdly shaped wyverns fly around the sky. Some dwarfs look in awe over the wares sold by the Japanese. It's so weird to see and he wants to explore it more, but now, he can see them no more, for he's a prisoner, trading his freedom for redemption. He hung his head low, for there was nothing he can do.

The Republic of United Presidia, capital Jin Hark

With the capture of the king and the surrender of the military, Louria was practically shattered. With the collapse of the old kingdom, came the 4 rival states. Louria in the northwest and bordering Qua Toyne. Narvia, next to Louria in the northeast. Clovia to the southeast. And the largest of them, the Argonia, with mountainous terrain and some flat land next to Quilla.

Recognizing that having a shattered Louria is not a good thing, the Japanese asked the Lourians and ex-Lourians for a meeting. It was at that meeting that a new republic is formed, the first in the history of the Rodenius continent. The Louria, Narvia, Claudia, and Argonia are now provinces/states participating in a government similar to that of the US/UK.

Representatives chosen by the people are sent to the Parliament of United Presidia from all provinces, led by a prime minister chosen by the voted representatives. With the supervision from Japan, an interim government is chosen to lead them out of the crisis after the war.

On the wall of the Jin Hark palace. A man is looking at the reconstruction. He looks at the people and the fantastical machines of Japan working together with the people of Louria... no, they are now called Presidians. The rebuilding of Presidia is going smoothly. With about two thousand remaining vessels in their navy still existing, commerce and anti-piracy are no problem. There're still more problems, however, like the disappearance of Adem, and the enormous task of building Presidia into a prosperous country. But for now, the future seems to be good.

"You feel tired, Mr. Patagene? Oh, where is my manner, Prime Minister Patagene? I'm here to inform you that the POWs have been returned. That include general Pandour, nobles of the eastern regions, and the sailor we captured from the battle of the Rodenius sea." – Paul Fournier

"Paul...? Oh, I'm sorry Lieutenant Paul. Well, that certainly is good news. Thank you for delivering it. And no, I'm just a bit, how can I say, overwhelmed." – Patagene

"Is that so? Don't worry too much, sir. I can see that you'll be a good prime minister." – Paul

"Well, it's not that. It's... about the war... and how we come from enemies to friends. It's quite amusing, don't you think, Paul?" – Patagene