Chapter 9: Operation Humanity Sentinel

Los Palmas, Qua Toyne's Occupied Territory

15th October 1639 CCY

The war room was waiting for the recon report from the wyvern knights. The Lourian General Pandour understands very well the importance of airborne reconnaissance. With it, he has defeated many armies in the past, uniting the Kingdom of Louria under King Hark Louria XXXIII's banner. His tactic is renowned throughout Louria, and his flexibility in using wyverns on the battlefield is what gives him the title of the Great General at the age of 30. In his eyes, wyverns are the future of warfare. It can help you get an imaginary bird eyes view of a large area, assault the enemy on a large range while there's the little enemy can do to fight back and help the army attack fortification without the need for a costly siege. And right now, General Pandour is waiting for the report from the wyverns squadron that he sent out.

"Booooom! Booooom! C-chasing...  t-the light..." – Dragon knight

"S-sir! We lost contact with the last reconnaissance flight!" – Manacom Officer

"No... that's impossible? Are you sure?" – Pandour

The squadron of wyverns, consisting of 12 wyverns and riders, that Pandour sent out was one of the most experienced squadrons that he has at his disposal. Knowing the Japanese's ability to shoot down wyverns, he ordered them to be divided into 3 teams and fly as low as they can to minimize the risk. They are the selected few that were sent to Parpaldia to train. It's fair to say that they are the most experienced in the Rodenius continent when it came to flying.

"Sir... I can no longer reach them!" – Manacom Officer

"That... that must be the enemy silver wyverns, sir! Damn it..." – Baron Carlos

"Sir, they must know that we are preparing for the next offensive. I suggest putting our wyverns in defensive formation!" – Duke Junfilla

"No! We should move out of camp and attack them, general! They are probably on the attack, there's no way they know our low-flying wyverns were coming!" – Count Dante

The room is now filled with arguments over what to do next. The once flexible general is now stunned by the development. Sure, his wyverns are sometimes downed by the enemy wyverns or a very skilled ballista team, but a whole squadron? That's just not possible. The renowned General is now perplexed. He doesn't know what to do next. It's clearly suicidal sending in another squadron or charge in blinding without recon. On the other hand, if he doesn't do anything, there's a high chance that his army will be struck by enemy mages' explosive spells. Suddenly, a man charged into the room.

"S-sir! Enemy large wyverns are flying past our camp! They are dropping paper!" – Soldier

"W-what?!" – Duke Junfilla

"What did they drop?!" – General Pandour

"This, sir..." – Soldier

The soldier handed the piece of paper to the generals. It's a piece of very high-quality white paper that's crisp and clean. On the paper, in the continental common language is the call for surrender. The Japanese ordered them to throw down arms and armor, if they don't complys, an assault will be conducted on Los Palmas in 2 hours. Most soldiers don't know how to read the continental common language, but they interpret the fly-by as a challenge. Some already shot up multiple arrows. The wyverns that are guarding the base tried their best to down their green big "wyvern", but the Japanese "wyvern" flies much higher and faster than them.

"Call to surrender? Hmph! Just because they have better wyverns, they think they can order us around?! Damn those arrogant demihumans!" – Count Dante

"Sir! We must get the troops to attack now!" – Barron Carlos