Chapter 20: Kingdom of Esperanto

Thousands of years ago, there was an Alliance of Races established to fight against the menace of the demon lord Nosrogath. At that time, the alliance with the aid from the fabled Emissaries of the Sun God managed to push the force of evil back from where they came, to the dark continent of Grameus. With the demon lord weakened, the Council of Alliance ordered a thousand of its strongest warriors to slay the evil once and for all, for the sake of the future generation.

The brave warriors made their treacherous journey through the Gate of the World and fought valiantly through the harsh wildlife and dangerous weather of the dark continent. They found no demon lord, and the unforgiving continent trapped them in a valley. Blizzards and the lack of food gradually kill many of them. They waited and waited, and waited for rescue from their comrades back in the Philades continent. Unbeknownst to them, the Alliance did not know that they were still alive, the Council all thought they had perished. After all, it was a suicide mission.

After three years of waiting, and the hope of rescue had gone, they wondered if they were the only people that were still alive and free. If the countries in the Alliance were destroyed and their people were enslaved by the demon. The brave warriors that were still alive banded together and created a small country in the valley that had trapped them under the banner of their leader. Under the guidance of the wise Esperanto I, in just 30 years, they expanded their kingdom beyond the valley and constructed a sturdy fortress to fend off the dangerous wild monsters.

That is the history of the Kingdom of Esperanto. For thousands of years, they held on to the pride of their warrior ancestors and carved out a beautiful country for themselves. For thousands of years, they fought and defended their families from the monster of Grameus. For thousands of years, they thought of themselves as the last bastion of Humanity.

25th December 1639 CCY, Rastineo Castle, Esperanto Kingdom

Akira was brought into the royal palace to meet with the leaders of the Esperanto Kingdom by Ranhart. Her arrival yesterday was of great interest to them. This signals to them that there is humanity outside of Grameus. For thousands of years, they had given up on the hope of a rescue party from the Alliance of Races or returning to their homeland. Now, with the attack on the kingdom by the monsters increasing day by day, the kingdom is pushed toward a breaking point. They need a way out, a rescue, desperately.

The kingdom is ruled by an absolute monarchy run by the four noble families that take turns sitting on the throne. They are the Elven House of Ariazel, the Dwarfen House of Zamenhof, the Beast Kin House of Levi, and the Human House of Wyvreux. One would think that this would only lead to a Game of Thrones situation where political infighting will gradually kill out the kingdom or drown the country in chaos. But the people of Esperanto from the beginning knew that they had to band together, and because of the trying time, they learned to live and let live. The races lived together peacefully, and interracial marriages are encouraged to increase the population of the country and to help promote long-lasting peace between the races in the face of external danger. The unity of the kingdom has preserved its survival of the kingdom, and no one wants to see that thing end. As of today, the king of Esperanto is from the House of Zamenhof, a dwarf.

"It's an honor to meet you, your majesty. I am Lieutenant Akira Yamamoto of the Japan Cosmos Navy Flying Corp." -- Akira

Akira stands and salutes the king and the noble in the room. The people in the room look at her with great interest. Sure, they have seen other people falling out of the sky before, one of them had died, and the other one is sitting here with them, next to Akira: Ranhart. However, Akira is a special case. She came from regions outside of Grameus. She has knowledge about the people of the outside world and their long-lost homeland.