THREE: PILLS

"Manager Park." a voice called but no answer. "Manager Park!" she raised her voice.

His eyes quickly opened and he sit up on the couch brushing his hands on his face and eyes, then he looked straight at her.

"papers for you, it's all the papers from
the club job." she said putting them on his desk.

He stood up nodding and walked to the desk to check the papers but he stopped noticing she was still here, so he gave her a questioning look.

"you're not sleeping much." she said taking out some pills from her pocket, she then walked to the door but stopped when she heard his voice again.

"don't you need these? I know you don't sleep much too." he replied looking at her back.

"they don't work on me anyway, you can take them." she left the room.

His eyes slowly traveled down to the pills and he put them away trying to focus on the papers, he was tired as fuck, sleep was hard for him, he couldn't sleep more than a few hours each time, that's why he was always working, he had nothing else better to do anyway.
His phone rang signaling a mission and he stood up taking his jacket and walking out.

2 HOURS LATER

"Manager Lee." Taejun called and the woman looked up from her computer. "the risk management team is having problems."

"what problem?" she asked.

"Park Joonggil." he replied. "director asked us to intervene too because Manager Koo can't use her powers, she has the ring,"

She sighed hearing his name and she stood up taking her jacket, she walked out and he followed close behind teleporting together in a street behind an hospital, Joonggil was holding Ryeon against a wall by her neck.

"Search for Joonwoong and Ryunggu, I'll take care of him." she ordered and Taejun quickly disappeared following her orders.

He felt an hand on his shoulder and before he could react he was teleported on the roof of the hospital with the woman leaving Ryeon gasping for air on the street.

"what are you doing?!" he yelled.

"my job." Haeun calmly replied. "why are you putting your nose in the risk management team job?"

"a soul ran away, and it's with them, I have to take it back." he said stepping up but she placed an hand on his chest stopping him.

"if the soul is with them it means they need it for their case, let them." she said and they looked at each others, anger was visible in his eyes.

"it's against Jumadeung rules." he replied and disappeared.

She stood there a few seconds and then teleported right next to Koo Ryeon helping her up, a mark was visible on her neck so she quickly looked away, Taejun came running at them with the other two boys and a girl, she surely was the soul that the Escort Team was searching.

"what's the situation?" she asked.

"we got a suicide case of a young man, this soul is his wife, she said she can help us with him." Ryunggu quickly explained showing her the phone with the man they were following on it.

"well that's a good reason, I guess I will need to stick around, Park Joonggil won't let it go so easily." she spoke and her eyes slowly traveled to Taejun. "take a look around, see how many people of the Escort team are there." and he disappeared.

"where did she go?!" Joonwoong worriedly said noticing the soul of the girl had disappeared too.

"let's split up and search for her!" Ryeon said.

The four ran inside the building splitting up and searching for the girl, all checking their phones to make sure the suicidal man won't die on them just now.
When she saw Joonwoong fly across the corridor right infront of her, she stopped and her eyes darted to her right meeting Park Joonggil eyes, Ryeon and Ryunggu arrived too running beside her.

"An arrogant Team manager, a careless worker, and a stupid newbie." Joonggil let out with venom in his voice.

"I think you would be prettier with that mouth shut." Haeun smirked. "go, I'll think about him." she said and the three quickly got away.

He charged at her and together they kept teleporting around the building while fighting, they lastly landed in the parking lot and she got up cleaning the blood from her mouth as she looked at him.

"you should learn to mind your own business." he said walking past her when he saw the soul he was searching for.

She got up quickly teleporting infront of him and she pushed him far away but he still landed on his feet.

"Manager Lee!" Joonwoong worriedly said arriving with the others.

She shook her head signaling them to take the soul and she charged at him again, he pushed her against a wall, her whole body hit it with force and then she dropped to the ground painting heavily, she was strong but it was always obvious that he was stronger than her, his rage somehow made him stronger, before he could hit her again Taejun teleported infront of her punching the man but he got grabbed by his neck, Joonggil held him up from the floor and he started choking while trying to free himself.

"Taejun!" she screamed quickly getting up. "a contract!" she yelled and everyone stopped moving.

"what?" Joonggil question dropping the boy to the floor.

"Manager Lee! don't do that..." Taejun said coughing.

"let's make a contract." she ignored him keeping her eyes on the other grim reaper.

"be careful about what you say." he stepped closer to her, faces inches away.

"Haeun, not even the director has power against a contract!" Koo Ryeon quickly said.

"I know, but if it means getting this asshole out of our way for a bit, I'll do it, I'm sure." her eyes didn't move from his and he teleported them both.

They ended up in a room with only a desk, a tablet with a contract positioned in the center, they both walked to the side.

"I'll give you until the sunset." he said with his hands behind his back.

"we need more time." she said sighing.

"take it or leave it." he replied putting a finger on the screen, his signature appeared on the contract, he then pushed the tablet to her.

She stood there a bit still thinking, was she really sure of it? a contact with the man she was supposed to hate just to save someone that wasn't even from her team, Koo Ryeon, was it worth it?
Her finger pressed on the screen and her signature appeared on the contract, the tablet instantly disappeared and they exchanged a short look before she teleported to them again.

"Manager!" Taejun quickly said running to check on her.

"it's done, you have time until the sunset, I can't do more than that." she said looking at them.

"you didn't have to." Ryeon answered.

"it's too late for that, don't waste time, just go." she said and teleported her and Taejun to the hall.

"Manager, you need to clean you wounds." he said.

"it's okay, I'll take care of it, go home for today, you worked good." she replied and the boy just nodded disappearing.

Haeun walked inside the bathroom of her office and took off her jacket and shirt, she checked on the mirror her back bruised from hitting the ground, she sighed and cleaned it the best she could, then she bandaged her torso.

"that fucker couldn't be more gentle." she whispered annoyed leaving the bathroom.

She walked up to her desk but she stopped furrowing her eyebrows when she found pills on it, she checked the small box not remembering having any of it.

"pain killers?" she said confused to herself.