FIVE: SEARCH

Joonggil walked inside the storage room and a man quickly approached him.

"how can I help you manager Park?" he gently asked.

"I need to see someone past." he answered and the man just nodded. "I need to see mine."

"oh I'm sorry about that but... seems like your past book is locked, only the director can see it." the man was quick to apologize earning a confused look from the man.

"are there others like that?" he questioned.

"yes, Manager Koo Ryeon and Manager Lee Haeun." the man revealed.

Joonggil just nodded and he walked to the director office, he knocked on the door and walked in when she gave him permission.

"I heard my past book is locked up." he said putting his hands in his pockets.

"yes, what about it?" she questioned putting her papers aside.

"nothing, I just have a few questions about Team Leader Lee." he said and the old woman smiled. "how did she die in her past life?"

"she was murdered in her past life." the director spoke up.

"why did she decide to stay here?" the man asked.

"to protect the person she loved." the woman revealed not looking away from him to get his every reaction. "why are you asking?"

"I saw her in my nightmares recently, but I can't remember anything about my past, I was wondering if she was there too." he spoke his mind out.

"that's not me you should ask that to, you know that." she replied and he nodded understanding that he wasn't going to receive anymore answers from her.

he quietly walked out and to his office, he sighed dropping onto his chair covering his eyes with an arm.

"Park Joonggil." a voice called and he took the arm away sitting back straight on his chair.

"Lee Haeun?" he questioned.

"director said we should work together on the papers about the rapist since we didn't follow the rules properly." she put some papers down on his desk and he took them.

The girl walked to sit on the couch with some other papers and she started working, his eyes stayed on her for a bit and then he focused on his work, until some minutes later she stood up gaining his attention.

"I'm going to grab a cappuccino, do you want me to bring you a coffee too?" she asked and he nodded.

"can you bring me a dark coffee?" he asked.

"ew dark coffee, but expected from you." she laughed walking out the office.

A small smile appeared on his lips as he focused on the papers again.
She went to the cafeteria ordering both their coffees and also something to eat, then she got back with two cups and a small box.

"come here." she called for him as she placed the cups and box on the small table infront of the sofa.

Joonggil stood up and calmly walked to the sofa infront of her, he sit down and she placed the cup infront of him, he took it and watched as she opened the small box.

"that's yours." she said placing a doughnut infront of him.

He blinked in confusion while sipping his coffee and took a bite of the doughnut. "dark chocolate?" he questioned.

"you like dark coffee, so I figured out you would also like dark chocolate." she explained focusing on her papers while sipping her coffee.

"I like it." he simply answered and she let out a small smile.

They stayed silent after that and she could feel his eyes on her, she almost burned down under his gaze, she didn't know if he was trying to kill her with a look or if he was lost in his thoughts.

"Haeun, can I ask something?" he said and she looked up at him.

"you're already staring at me, so yeah, just ask Joonggil." she sighed.

"I want you to tell me the truth, Haeun." he seriously said, his deep voice made her shiver a bit. "in the memories of your past life, was I there too?"

she looked straight into his eyes and she tried to not look anxious. "no, you weren't..."

"okay." he nodded to himself and he stood up walking to his desk, she let out a relieved sigh.