FOURTEEN: RAIN

3 days and he was still trying his best to make the woman forgive him, he had never thought he would go so down bad for someone, but he found himself sending her favorite coffee to her office everyday, waiting for her at the door everyday and showing how worried he was when she got injured, but she was trying her best to ignore him, she still wanted to be angry at him, but it was becoming complicated.
Rain soaked her clothes while she was looking at the view from the bridge, the city lights were so beautiful, but suddenly rain stopped coming down on her and she looked up, a black umbrella was covering her, the tall figure holding it was now getting soaked too since he was holding it only for her.

"what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I had a job here and I stopped for a bit, I like rain..." she whispered. "you're getting all wet, don't do that, Joonggil." she said bringing him under the umbrella with her.

"too late, we are both soaked anyway... you should've took an umbrella." he simply said and she did feel guilty.

The woman teleported them both in her apartment earning a surprised look by the man who closed the umbrella, she simply walked into her room taking clean and warm clothes for them both.

"I'll take a shower and then you go too, I don't want you to get sick." she said entering the bathroom and he smiled to himself.

After twenty minutes they switched and she waited for him on her couch while brushing a towel on her still half wet hair, again this situation of familiarity, like they lived together and it was easy for them to be close, it felt almost like normal life.
The man came out of the bathroom brushing his hair with a towel, his eyes traveled to her and he gave the woman a small smile, she stood up walking up to him to help the boy dry his hair.

"can I prepare a cup of tea? it will be warm and good for both of us." he asked letting her dry his hair.

"I can do it." she replied but he shook his head.

"I wanna do it." he said walking away from her and to the kitchen.

She watched him from behind while he looked around the kitchen to find what he needed to use, she had to admit that he was pretty even with casual clothes and his hair down, still no wonder everyone liked him even if he seemed scary, he was putting out his soft side only with her and she didn't know how to react.

"Joonggil, why are you here really?" she asked when he poured the tea in two cups and he put them on the table.

"for you, why else?" he sat down sipping on the tea and she sat down next to him too. "that receptionist really didn't mean anything to me, I just wanted you to talk to me and I was frustrated when you ignored me for weeks, I don't know if I should be angry with myself for what I did or be happy because atleast you talked to me."

"it was a stupid thing." she replied taking the cup in her hands and he looked up at her sipping his drink. "I tried from the beginning to have less contacts with you, but things at Jumadeung went down and we needed to work all together, and now you're here sitting at my kitchen table drinking a tea."

He let out a small chuckle and then his eyes traveled to a vase in the living room, it was his flowers, that made him sigh in relief and she noticed too.

"you really thought I would throw them away?" she asked.

"I really don't know what to expect from you." he replied and then they both stayed silent until they finished drinking.

He stood up taking both cups and walking to the sink to clean everything he used, while she was laying on the sofa, tiredness took over her.
When he finished he noticed her and he sighed walking up to the couch, he took a blanket and covered her body kneeling next to her just like she did the first time he was there.

"you should go to bed, to couch is not comfortable for the whole night, remember?" he said and she hummed.

he picked her up in bridal style with the blanket too and walked to her room laying her down on the bed, he sighed lying next to her and the girl silently scouted closer to him, Joonggil placed her head on his chest and his arm around her shoulders to keep her close while he caressed her.

"your heart is beating fast." she whispered against his chest.

"I can't help it." he muttered too.

she slightly smiled lifting her head to look at him in the eyes, even in the dark, with only the light of the moon her eyes shined for him and he got lost in them.
The two slowly got closer and she kissed him softly, he reciprocated caressing her hair and then she went back with her head on his chest.

"am I forgiven?" he whispered.

"let's say, you are." she replied. "but don't have much fun with that."

PAST MEMORIES

"Haeun-ah! are you okay?" he ran under the rain kneeling down next to his wife.

"yeah..." she whispered.

He took her into his arms and then his eyes traveled to the men who quickly bowed at him, fear on their faces.

"who told you to point your swords at my wife?!" he yelled out and she gripped on his hanbok making him relax a bit.

END OF PAST MEMORIES