SEVENTEEN: REMEMBER

"what's this chaos?" Joonggil asked noticing people running around Jumadeung, more guards than usual there.

"Seems like Manager Koo and Manager Lee are having trouble, the director from hell came here for them..." a secretary answered and he slightly widened his eyes.

"Manager Park! it's serious! they... Manager Lee is..." Taejun ran at him trying to catch his breath and explain. "they want to take them! both!"

That was enough for him to quickly walk to the elevator, some guards tried to stop him but he was quick to beat them up making everyone gasp in shook, he took the elevator to the ground floor until he arrived at the Risk Management Team office.
Joonwoong was walking hurriedly out of the door but he was grabbed by the neck and pushed against a wall.

"where are they?!" Joonggil yelled out.

"I don't know! I was going to search for Ryunggu because we have a case so we have to get back Manager Koo!" he answered in shook.

"what's the situation?!" the other man questioned.

"Manager Lee is accused of killing a Manager from hell, Koo Ryeon was originally from hell but Manager Lee saved her when they exchanged their bodies, seems like their contact with hell ended so Koo Ryeon needs to go back to hell, they don't care in which body! Manager Lee is accused because she covered you, Taejun told me!" he let out trying to break free from his grip.

"what do you know about me and Haeun?!" Joonggil yelled.

"nothing!" he set himself free, he had not time to play. "if you want to know these things just enter in your dreams, but we have no time!" and with that he ran away.

Joonggil stood there in confusion, Haeun had taken the responsibility for Manager Jung death? he could go in his dreams? he really wanted to know everything now?
And with that he found himself in the room full of chairs that were used to enter someone dreams and past, that's what he needed, so he connected himself to the chair and tablet and closed his eyes, slowly relaxing.

PAST MEMORIES

"hey! who are you?" a boy asked to the girl holding a bow.

"I always come here to hunt, who are you?" she questioned back.

The boy took a step trying to reach her down near the river but he slipped on a rock and he groaned feeling pain on his ankle, she widened her eyes and was quick to reach him checking on his ankle.

"you shouldn't have tried to come down here, the road to the river is full of rocks and too steep..." she said looking at him. "I'll help you get to the village, let's go"

3 DAYS LATER

"Joonggil! can you help me with this?" the girl asked and the boy smiled.

He walked up to her helping her with the target, he had started helping her practice with her bow since he was injured and couldn't do anything else, they had quickly become friends and he had learned she wanted to hunt, she came from a poor family so hunting would bring them food, while he came from a rich family.

WEEKS LATER

"This hanbok really suits you." he smiled looking at the girl trying on a grey hanbok.

"you think so?" she questioned checking on the mirror and he nodded.

"this color is good for you, try this too." he got up taking and hairpin putting it in her hair, then he smiled looking at her through the mirror, her smiled widened as their eyes met.

YEARS LATER

The two had gotten married and now she lived with him, she wasn't used to maids and things like that but he wanted her to have everything she desired.
Recently a group of robbers was going around the village causing trouble, beating people or even killing, a lot of voices were there, but Joonggil couldn't stand them trying to take over his village, he would kill them everytime he saw them around.

"let him go." Haeun said holding tight onto her bow as it was pointing to a man that was about to beat a child during one of their attacks, people were running and screaming around.

The man let go of him and then looked at her, a dark laugh left his lips and then she felt someone violently grab her making her bow fall, two men were keeping her still as she tried to break free from their grip, the other man walked infront of her face.

"aren't you Park Joonggil wife? oh yes, you surely are... that bastards wife." he laughed out.

"don't talk about him like that!" she yelled out and a slap landed on her face but she didn't care.

They soon dragged her inside an house but fortunately someone noticed and ran to search for Joonggil inside the crowd of fighting people.

"Master Park!" a woman screamed and he quickly turned around, blood covering his face. "someone took Lady Park!"

This was enough as he quickly followed the woman, it was hard to go there with people attacking them but the first thing he did was kick the wooden door open, no one was there except a very naked beaten up woman on the ground sobbing out loud, his heart dropped and her eyes traveled up to him.

"Joonggil-ah... I tried to..." she cried out and he quickly kneeled covering her the best he could and taking the woman in his arms in bridal style.

"it's okay... it's gonna be okay, we need to find a doctor now... don't worry, I'll take care of them..." tears came up to his eyes but he was strong enough to keep them in.

People looked at him in shook as he ran out from the house with the woman, quickly making his way to the fortress to get her treated.

1 WEEK LATER

"it's all my fault! why can't you let me go?!" she yelled out with tears, they were arguing again, she wanted to end it all but he loved her dearly.

"it's not your fault Haeun! you don't have to listen to the voices in the village how many times should I tell you?!" he yelled at her grabbing both her wrists.

"they are saying I cheated on you! they are saying you are a fool to keep me as your wife, that you should find someone else! I don't want them to see you that way..." she sobbed loud trying to get away from him.

"no Haeun, I only love you, I don't want anyone else, do you understand that?!." he hugged her tightly. "I love you so much, I might die if I let you go..."

1 MONTH LATER

After what happened to his wife he had started going around killing everyone that would talk bad about her and every member of the group of robbers he would find but that wasn't enough to stop them again, it made them more angry.
That's how they found her again while washing a cloth near the river and they did the same thing to her, but this time they wouldn't late her go, not alive.

"my lord, what do we do with her?" a man asked pointing to the naked woman that was trembling on the floor, bruises covered her body and tears stormed down her cheeks.

"kill her, and leave her body infront of her husband house, that asshole deserves it." he ordered and her eyes widened at the thought of her beloved husband finding her body.

Joonggil walked inside the fortress entrance with his clothes covered in blood from the men he had killed, but he slowed down his steps when he noticed his mother and some servants covering her body, his breath stopped.

"stop now!" he yelled out and the servants backed away from the body bowing at him.

"Joonggil..." his mother tried to say.

"shut up." he interrupted as tears formed in his eyes.

He dropped on his knees slowly lifting the blanket from the body to see who it was, but when he saw he couldn't stop himself anymore, a sob escaped his lips as he picked her body in his arms holding her tightly, her throat and wrists were cut open.

"No... No! why?!" he yelled out sobbing loudly as he grabbed on her body scared to let go. "why?! why?! Haeun-ah! please... please come back! I need you... I love you so much, I love you so much..."

and all the people there could only watch in silence as the poor man screamed his lungs out and cried holding on his wife dead body.

END OF PAST MEMORIES

His eyes instantly opened in shook and tears rolled down his cheeks, he tried to catch his breath quickly standing up and running out the room.