SIX: NOT ME

The following days Joonggil would always find a dark coffee and a dark chocolate doughnut on his desk, he didn't know how to react to it though.
As he was walking in the corridor he stopped noticing the bruised short haired woman, Taejun kneeled infront of her helping the girl tie her boots.

"Joonggil?" she questioned noticing he was staring at Taejun, and the man quickly looked up at her.

"what happened?" he simply asked.

"I got some assholes to take care about, my hip hurts so Taejun is helping me." she stood up holding onto her partner.

Joonggil nodded and he watched the two walk away, he entered his office and stopped noticing the coffee and doughnut.

"even injured she managed to do that." he told himself.

He took what he needed and then he walked to the meeting room, all the team leaders would meet there with the director, Haeun and some others were already there, soon everyone arrived and they started talking about issues.

"I think we should discharge the Risk Management Team and the Dangerous Case Management Team." he let out and the woman quickly looked up at him who was sat infront of her. "or I should also be the one taking care of the Dangerous cases."

"why is that?" the director questioned.

"Haeun keeps getting injured and Ryeon team makes no sense." Joonggil said and Haeun scoffed but before she could talk the director interrupted her.

"Haeun came before you, she knows how to handle her job and you have no rights to take her place, while the Risk Management Team is needed for us, there is not enough place in hell for them." the director gave him a small scolding and he stayed silent.  "but if the risk management team will fail again, we will discharge it, no discussion."

They all left the room and she quickly followed him to his office slamming the door, he sighed knowing what was coming.

"what the fuck, Park Joonggil?! discharging my team?" she yelled out and he crossed his arms to his chest.

"don't scream at me." he calmly spoke.

"I'll scream if I want to! why?!" she asked again.

"you keep getting hurt and cause trouble, I don't think you fit that job, why would you go around punishing criminals and things like that." he sat down at his desk.

"I thinking you're getting too much in my businesses right now, I've been too good with you these past few days and that was your fucking thank you." she let out angrily.

"no one asked you to be good with me." his sentence made her stop instantly.

"why are you doing this now?" she whispered but he heard her anyway.

He slowly stood up again and walked up to her, his hands in his pockets as he lowered himself near her ear. "because you were right, whoever it was in your past, it wasn't me." he whispered and she shivered at the sudden deep voice.

She moved her head to look at him in the eyes and he didn't dare to break the eye contact.

"you know what? go fuck yourselves, Park Joonggil." she pushed him away and walked out.

The man stood there as he took out his hands from his pockets, his eyes not leaving the door thinking about the conversation they just had, what the fuck had gotten into him?