TEN: SAFE

She dodged a punch as men were charging at her, another one of her jobs, she hated these stupid motherfuckers, apparently these were gang members and she had received orders to punish them and kill some of them, Joonggil was walking around her collecting the souls of the men she killed while looking at her beat some of them up.

"why are you here?" the man asked.

"watching my boss back." Taejun replied. "you're doing your job, I'm doing mine."

they didn't speak anymore as the woman walked out in the dark street after finishing her job, Taejun followed close behind while lighting a cigarette between his lips.

"Lee Haeun." This voice made her instantly stop and freeze in her spot, her partner noticed and went into his protective mode.

"who are you?" he rudely asked to the old man and she turned around.

The man ignored him and focused on her. "oh so it's really you, my eyes didn't lie to me." a kinda creepy smile on his lips.

Taejun was about to step and punch that man right in the face but she stopped him with just one hand, her eyes not leaving the man infront of her.

"I thought I had killed you a long time ago, but surprisingly you're still here, as a grim reaper." he laughed out and the boy eyes widened darting his gaze to his boss.

"what do you want?" she simply asked.

"nothing, I just wanted to check if it was you, cause I've heard you've been messing around recently." he slowly walked closer to her.

Her grip tightened on Taejun making him stand behind her in a protective way, she always saw him as a little brother and that person infront of her was evil, she didn't want him to get hurt, he noticed that too.
Joonggil appeared right infront of her as a shield, he was right around the corner so he did hear the conversation, he knew the one infront of him was the murderer of her past life.

"oh look at that! Park Joonggil!" the man stopped walking, a surprised look on his face and then a grin. "it was obvious you would've gone back to her."

before he could answer she stepped infront of him to shield him too and he was taken a bit by surprise.

"he doesn't remember anything, let him go." she said and the man hummed in understanding.

"so he doesn't remember anything from his past, that's funny, you two still ended up together in Jumadeung." he walked closer again and she unconsciously took a few steps back.

Her back was now against Joonggil chest and his eyes went dark as he recognized she was scared, he slid an arm around her waist pulling her closer against his body and his eyes traveled up to the man who was grinning at their reaction, then he met Joonggil eyes and his grin disappeared immediately.

"if you don't walk away, I'm gonna slam your head until it breaks." his deep voice made her slightly shiver, he could seem really scary in these situations and he actually was.

The man gave them a last look and then he disappeared, a sigh of relief escaped her lips as she tried to stabilize her heartbeat, her murdered was a grim reaper too? probably from hell, but why?

"are you okay?" his voice made her come back to reality and she quickly stepped away from him, nodding at his words.

"is he a grim reaper from hell?" Taejun asked.

"I think so." she whispered.

"I'll bring her home, I'll make sure he doesn't follow, seems like he doesn't want to mess with me." Joonggil spoke up and their eyes met.