THIRTEEN: FRUSTRATION

weeks passed, exactly three weeks, and the two didn't talk anymore, she was avoiding him always and in the begging he did try to solve things, he even sent her flowers once, a thing he never knew he was capable to do, but she didn't give in, and in the end frustration took him too so he distanced himself, he didn't know what to do, he didn't know anything about her past and the girl seemed to not want to see him ever again, but his strange feelings were still there, his mind always wondered to her somehow to the way she protected him even if she was scared, the day she gave him a blanket at her apartment, they slept together and ate breakfast together like it was a normal thing for them.
His stress was becoming too much and he knew it was wrong, he hated it, but he needed relief.

"Manager Pa-" Taejun stopped immediately when he saw the half naked Joonggil with a woman on his lap.

"what?" Haeun asked in confusion from behind noticing he had stopped.

Worriedly she looked inside, their eyes met and his breath stopped, her eyes wondered to the receptionist on his lap and a knot formed in her throat as tears build up in her eyes.

"Haeun..." he whispered shoving away the other woman from his lap. "it's not..." before he could finish talking the woman walked away.

He got up not caring about the receptionist or Taejun that was still there in shook, he zipped his pants running out the door while still trying to button up his shirt, he grabbed her wrist turning her around and a loud slap echoed through the corridor, she had slapped him.

"why?! why are you like this?!" she yelled out as tears stormed down her cheeks. "first you came bothering me around! then you make a jealous scene fucking me on a table in a restaurant after telling me you're not the old you! then you start bothering me again and we end up sleeping together and sharing breakfast somehow! then you brutally kill two people because of me and seems like nothing happened to you! and now you're fucking a woman in your office?!" she yelled out all her emotions as he tried to not break down too at each words coming out from her lips.

"Listen Haeun... it's not what it seems, really it didn't mean anything to me... I just..." he started trying to explain himself and she scoffed making him stop.

"not what it seems?! if I didn't come in you would've fucked her, my presence stopped you before you could put your fucking dick inside of her! is that nothing to you?! am I nothing to you?!" she kept yelling.

"I don't know what you're to me!" he yelled back this time. "I can't remember anything so no, I don't know what you're to me! but I do have these feelings that are bothering me and I didn't know what to do because you were not talking to me! I even sent you damn flowers, what else was I fucking supposed to do?!"

She stayed silent as he yelled out all his frustration and then he took a deep breath trying to calm himself as he pushed an hand through his hair closing his eyes for a bit.

"I should've continued to ignore you then, I should've let Taejun come alone to your office, it was all a mistake clearly..." she said and he opened his eyes to look at her. "we should keep avoiding each others, let's not meet again, do whatever you want and clean that lipstick from your face." she whispered and walked away.

He slightly widened his eyes brushing the lipstick away and he looked at her walk away, his heart ached as he passed his hands on his face, his fist violently connected to the wall while Taejun walked up behind him.

"you messed up." he said earning a glare from Joonggil.

"what do you know?" he let out with venom.

"you two surely are connected somehow, but the fact that you don't remember is holding you back, and she doesn't want to tell you because she thinks she is protecting you from whatever happened in your past." he said and Joonggil sighed.

"so what are you suggesting me to do?" he asked.

"two things, both really difficult... first thing, you make her forgive you even if it means kneeling infront of her for 24 hours straight, second thing, you could go back in your past using the machine but it's strictly forbidden by Jumadeung rules to do it if it's not related to the mission you're assigned to, and in your case it would be a personal thing, so yeah, forbidden." Taejun spoke his ideas to him, and Joonggil silently listened. "I would suggest with starting to make yourself be forgiven and throw that woman that is waiting in your office out before Haeun comes back to cut her head off."