Saving Her

We start off where we left off last chapter. We see Ben still following the tracker he placed on Himiko. He just couldn't shake off the feeing that there was something else going on. Whenever anyone was particularly loud, she would flinch. Whenever someone made a quick movement around her, she would flinch. This only fueled his suspicions on what might be going on in Himiko's home life.

Ben: 'I have to figure this out.' He thinks to himself as he continues to follow the tracker. 'Even if it's nothing, I have to make sure.'

As he says this, he gets a ping on his phone. It appears to be a city wide alert.

"The city and police is advising everyone to stay in your homes. A villain of great power is attacking the city. Make sure to stay in your homes until the heroes deal with the villain."

Ben wonders what this might be about. What kind of villain could cause this much distress? He sighs as he puts his phone away.

Ben: 'Looks like Himiko will have to wait.' He thinks to himself while moving into an alley. 'Looks like it's hero time.' He activates the Omnitrix and twists the dial. He then presses the Omnitrix and turns into XLR8.

XLR8: "Time to be a hero." He then runs to the location of the villain.

=============================================================================================

At the Location

XLR8 appears in the scene and looks at the destruction. Everything is sliced to pieces. It appears that even some of the building were sliced up. It was as if someone was slicing through everything in sight with a giant knife. It seems that no one was killed, but there are signs of some people getting hurt in the attack. You can tell by the small pools of blood here and there.

XLR8: "Who could've done this?" He ponders as he rubs his chin. "And why would they attack like this in broad daylight? Must have been someone confident or stupid. Probably both." He then senses someone's presence behind him. This allows him to easily dodge the person's attack with ease. It appeared to be a sharp red blade of some kind.

???: "You're quick Legion." A woman's voice says from the shadows as her blade returns to her. "No wonder the heroes are after you. Maybe we could work together."

XLR8: "Why would I work with you?" He seems ready for another attack. "Give me a good reason why I shouldn't just kick your ass now."

???: "Well we're both on the wrong side of the law." She starts walking out of the shadows, revealing herself. "With our powers, we could change the world into one that's ruled by the strong."

XLR8: "Wait, I know you. You're that C class villainess, Slice."

Slice: "That's right

Slice: "That's right." She stand a couple yards away from him. "So, what do you think of my offer, Legion?"

He puts his hand to his chin, pretending to be thinking about it. This makes Slice hopeful.