Training & Offer

Shortly after the incident with the Sludge Villain, Melissa, Shoto, Momo, and Himiko are heading towards Takoba Municipal beach.

Melissa: "I'm sorry for worrying you, guys. I wasn't thinking."

Momo: "We already told you it was fine."

Gwen: "But why did you do it? I mean, it was Bakugo."

Melissa: "I.....I don't know." She looks down at her feet as she walks. "I looked in his eyes, and I saw someone that needed help. Next thing I knew, my legs were moving on their own."

Everyone stays silent for a few moments as they continue to walk.

Himiko: "I-I guess that makes sense. But I-I think we know that Bakugo w-won't be thankful."

Shoto: "You're probably right. He'll spout some nonsense about not needing help from someone under him, and that he had the situation under control."

???: "Oi!" A familiar voice from behind calls out. "Shield!"

As if he had heard them talking about him, Bakugo suddenly showed up. Everyone turned around to look at him as Bakugo stood a couple of feet away from them.

Bakugo pants for a couple of moments, before finally speaking again.

Bakugo: "Listen, I would never ask for some weakling like you to ever help me." He looks directly at Melissa while saying this. "Don't think you can look down on me!"

Gwen: 'Yup, that figures.'

Shoto: 'I knew it.'

Bakugo: "Got that! I was completely fine back there!" He points at Melissa. "You're just some quirkless failure who will only ever amount to being David Shield's daughter!"

Under normal circumstances, Melissa would be hurt by these comments. But considering it was from Bakugo, she wasn't affected by it as much.

Bakugo: "You didn't help me! You didn't do anything, and you better not forget it!" He turns away and walks off. "I don't owe you anything!"

The group just stands there for a few moments, before walking onward.

Melissa: "He is right about one thing, which was me not doing anything helpful."

Himiko: "Don't s-say that."

Melissa: "But it's true. It wasn't me that stopped the Sludge Villain, and it wasn't me that saved Bakugo. It was Uncle Might, and Ben and his partner that actually did anything."

Momo: "But you still ran into the danger to help Bakugo of all people, despite having no quirk. That takes some serious bravery." She pats Melissa on the back. "So don't count yourself short, okay?"

Shoto: "She's right. You acted like a real hero out there, more so than most."

Melissa smiles, and then nods.

Melissa: "I guess you two are right." She looks forward. "We better get a move on. I'm sure we don't want to keep Ben waiting."

=============================================================================================

Speaking of Ben, we currently see him and Rook flying above the city in the Proto-TRUK. Ben is currently inspecting Rook's Proto-Tool.

Ben: "I've heard of these things, but I've never seen one in person before." He shifts the weapon into a blade. And then back into its blaster form. "Pretty versatile, huh?"